(fixedgear) info & discussion

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
(fixedgear) info & discussion
Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
<Photo does not exist: 3808792>

alright here it is in the process lol

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
You forgot to mention Chrome and Timbuk2 bags!

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
ha great man...i have a scrap yard about 3 miles from my house. Went down there today for the hell of it...vintage bike graveyard!!! they have an old lugged frame windsor down there, we just picked up a lugged frame schwinn varsity for the wife for $7.04 USD. thing's in great shape minus the sun faded paint. it's great they just collect em an let em sit a while and then get rid of em. sometimes they have 100+ bikes sometimes they have one or two. he told me to keep checkin back

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
AqueousBeef, fixed. Beer

I will be adding more things as time goes on.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 2:42 Quote
add www.londonfgss.com to the first post, a good forum with loads of info.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 14:45 Quote
what do you guys think for tires?? just outta curiousity

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 14:48 Quote
<Photo does not exist: 3833174>

with the wheels

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
My favorite tire of all time is the Panaracer Pasela Tourguard. I have about 5000 miles on my set and only got one flat on them!

The Peugeot is looking good!

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
thanks man hope to see BB by tomorrow or tuesday at the latest. Puttin in order on Messenger cranks tomorrow or tuesday and will get them overnight so i will be good to go basically. take her out on a ride and see how she does. Pretty tall...taller than i remeber now that i have the wheels on. maybe a build and sell. IDK i'm sitting on the boys on the top tube tip toed on each side so a lil scary but i'd like to see another vintage in as good of shape that fits me a little better so i can build it.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
looks sick dude, looks like similar size as my schwinn, thats why im buying a new frameset cux im doing the same at stop lights, laying the jewels on the TT, not fun at all.
photo

Thats mine, but it is in tear down mode right now, haha

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 17:48 Quote
yea man i love the Peugeot and really want to run a vintage but it's hard to find em in good enough shape to waste the time on around here. Imma keep checkin back at the scrap yard. Sometimes they are packed with bike and sometimes it's pretty slim pickins lol. I shall see but until then i will roll with my madison and see how things work out with the Peugeot.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
surfsd wrote:
looks sick dude, looks like similar size as my schwinn, thats why im buying a new frameset cux im doing the same at stop lights, laying the jewels on the TT, not fun at all.
photo

Thats mine, but it is in tear down mode right now, haha

wheel looks similar to the ones my buddy is running on his old Raleigh International. he decided the other day lol with my 2 cents it would look better black. so a whole can of spray paint and a hell of a lot of overspray later lol and his wheels are now black.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 17:57 Quote
im selling that rear wheel with shimano 8-9 speed cassete hub, with coaster brake hub for $30 local, paid $60 +$20 for coaster. it was a bad impulse buy just to get the bike rolling, bad choice, lol

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
lol i had one of those the other day when things were looking bleek for my fixie build. There i was standing behind the counter gazing at the schwinn Madison hanging on the rack Smile next thing i knew i was riding it around inside the shop, then outside the shop. Then i was swiping my debit card thorugh the credit card machine Smile haha it's hard to really love bikes and work in a bike shop. Everything is eye candy, and you have to keep it that way otherwise it turns into ornaments that cover every area of your house. haha i have like 6 bikes in my house and only like 3 of them actually function at the moment.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.cyclingcloseouts.com/graphics/813315010091_2.jpg
ahh yes lol here it is Smile ok gotcha i was trying to figure out which of the forums you posted it in. i remeber seeing it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019201
Mobile Version of Website