Which helmet cam?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Which helmet cam?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 1:29 Quote
The go pro is a solid cam have had mine for a season and use it non stop. The mounts do break easily but much less damage to the camera and your helmet this way. If you look at that video and compare the footage the go pro gives you a nice wide range of a view and allows you to see far more then all the others. The standard go pro by no means has bad quality video, hooked it up to my 52" big screen and the resolution was still there to look fine not up to par with HD but what do you expect? Best bang for the buck with excelent performance go for the go pro you will not be dissapointed.

Views: 2,060    Faves: 36    Comments: 12

Views: 251    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

Ryan

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 8:41 Quote
Just a heads out, contour are bringing out a new 1080P version of the HD, so the normal HD will drop in price, the 1080 looks worth it though

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
go pro has a 1080p HD cam out already was at the sled show a few weeks ago.

Ryan

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 14:07 Quote
everything ive seen from contour seems to be FAR higher quality than gopro, any reasons?

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
contour HD

Same price as a go pro, sleeker and its in 1080p

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
Hey man, I was in the same predicament as you, I couldn't decide whether or not I should go with the GoPro or the Contour HD

in the end I bought the GoPro, great camera, takes pretty awesome pictures, the Video quality is pretty damn good, its very durable, like the other guy said the mounts do break easy but it reduces damage to the camera itself and your helmet, its also 100% waterproof which is very handy if you do water sports. In the experience ive had with it, ive had a few major crashes with it, and its 100% fine after every single one, plus with the price cheaper you can buy more mounts for it while it already comes with quite a few depending on the package you get. the contour HD however comes with the gogglestrap mount (which i admit is pretty awesome) and then the others you have to buy yourself...

I recommend the Gopro man, I was worried i wouldn't be happy with it, but I love it.

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 at 6:16 Quote
What you really want is a POV VIO 5.1

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
has anyone ever seen/heard of this? looks alright, hd recording and that in a pretty cool design.

http://www.firebox.com/product/2803/Snow-HD-Video-Camera-Goggles?via=cat

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017708
Mobile Version of Website