What's your favourite trail in the Okanagan?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
What's your favourite trail in the Okanagan?
FL
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
went to Kelowna for a week to ride, first time riding in the area, went to silverstar, did postil, knox,and powers creek builder's only and 2.5 and i gotta say I'm going back to powers creek builder's only as soon as I can.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
I'd have to say my trail (calling it inferno), but only cause it's mine...
postil
dr no
dirty sanchez
rubherdown
knuckleduster

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
All my babies at Gillard:
Yo Moma
Fists First
Licker
Grass hole
Dirty
Dr. No (not my baby)

Can't Forget the Classic tech lines:
Little Bones, Rocky Screech

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
djryanrhymes wrote:

Gillard is the absolute bollox for tech and gnar, and the trail network and amount of options, but I never found Dr No.....it's on my list for Springtime.

And where the fark is Little Bones BTW ?

G_X

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
GnarlyX wrote:
djryanrhymes wrote:

Gillard is the absolute bollox for tech and gnar, and the trail network and amount of options, but I never found Dr No.....it's on my list for Springtime.

And where the fark is Little Bones BTW ?

G_X

Super old trail on crawford, not realy that much fun anymore. But back in the day man, those were some crazy times..

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
KtownKilla wrote:
Super old trail on crawford, not realy that much fun anymore. But back in the day man, those were some crazy times..

Thnx. tup

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
rich, you and I have a date with dr no this spring. It's seriously, the best traditional mtn bike trail we have here.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 7:17 Quote
andrew-mcintosh wrote:
rich, you and I have a date with dr no this spring. It's seriously, the best traditional mtn bike trail we have here.

Funky - it's a given. And TD I wanna check out too. Maybe add some love to it.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
andrew-mcintosh wrote:

great trail, one of my favs

did a few hours of maintainance/clearing before the snow feel...wonder how many trees are across it now?

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
Dr. No was the first trail built on Gillard (besides Goldfinger and MoneyPenny) and hasn't changed since the day it was finished. With that said, clearing the wild fall is cool, but altering the trial is not. I will assume responsibility for it.

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
Dr no is an antique. Little bones was good in the day, I broke my specialized clean in two on that trail. Apperantly aluminium hardtails back then didn't take kindly to long travel forks, and by long travel I mean 3 inches.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
Dr no is so sweet in a gnarly sort of way

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
can someone PLEASE give me directions or a map or something to all these trails. that would be amazing.

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
can someone PLEASE give me directions or a map or something to all these trails. that would be amazing.

Visit to local Kelowna bike shop + purchase of Gillard Trail Map + riding = fun.

As above + extra portion of local rider as guide = fun x2

Posted: Mar 10, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
dawndelicious wrote:
Dr no is so sweet in a gnarly sort of way

I live for the gnarly. tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015599
Mobile Version of Website