What would be the loudest Hub For 26'' MTB

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What would be the loudest Hub For 26'' MTB
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
Anyone know of any good freehub grease/lube? I have white lithium grease or wet chain lube, would either of those work? My freehub is praticaly bone dry so I wanna put a slight bit in.

Thanks

James

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
White lithium grease will be fine if you use a dab.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 10:07 Quote
Hope pro 2 compared to the chris king is like comparing a lion to a house cat in terms of loudness...

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 16:55 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
crunchss wrote:
Chris King's are pretty loud, as are the Hope's. The loudest hub I've heard is a Rachet BMX hub.

WTF. I have a Ratchet and it's quiet. I took it apart and there's almost no lube in it, either. I dunno what the deal is... but I thought it would be louder.

I'm guessing they do more than one hub. This hub is SO loud. Louder than that Chris King in the video, it's a proper clack... sounds like an old school sports rattle!

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 0:16 Quote
crunchss wrote:
I'm guessing they do more than one hub. This hub is SO loud. Louder than that Chris King in the video, it's a proper clack... sounds like an old school sports rattle!

No... they do one. Has your friend modded his in any way? Perhaps mine will get louder with time, I don't know. As it stands, my friend's Eastern hub is louder. Kind of embarrassing but I'm not really going for pure volume, so I don't care.

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 2:48 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
crunchss wrote:

No... they do one. Has your friend modded his in any way? Perhaps mine will get louder with time, I don't know. As it stands, my friend's Eastern hub is louder. Kind of embarrassing but I'm not really going for pure volume, so I don't care.
my hubs only went fast and a bit louder after a year of riding

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
get a fast engaging hub. you'll like it more that a slow engaging hub that is loud.

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 16:28 Quote
halo SAS 16" built 48 hole hub 160.00euro,

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
industry nines are quite loud

Posted: Jan 15, 2013 at 11:24 Quote
Over three years late to the party, man!

Posted: Jan 15, 2013 at 11:47 Quote
Haha just noticed that

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 23:35 Quote
i have the profile elites and they have the most engagement (204 points of engagement) but my friend has the hope hubs and they are louder but not as many engagement points.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.129634
Mobile Version of Website