Who else thinks mountain biking should be in the x games?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Who else thinks mountain biking should be in the x games?
Previous Page |
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
i totally think dirt jump, freeride mtb should be in the x games

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
Remember when it was... Missi Giove and Myles Rockwell/Shawn Palmer owned it, the race was just a dual downhill format with a fun over under bridge. But I was thinking the same thing the other day that the X-games lost me when they abandoned MTN bikes and speed climbing,
MountAinTriKer8 wrote:
i totally think dirt jump, freeride mtb should be in the x games

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
I don't. I like the way we are kind of a niche group. I like the way I can see pros at the mountains. You can't get that close to the athletes with a lot of other sports. I like where we're at.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
I mean, an argument for getting it into the x games is that mountain biking is big now, and growing, so we deserve a spot in the x-games. but also mountain biking is big, but its nowhere near as big as skateboarding or BMX, because even at my local DJs bmxers ride all over the place, even when there bikes seem way to small for the jump. MTB is also more thought of as XC instead of Dj and Freeride which would pose a viewing problem because a lot of viewers would have a misconception of what it is. as said before we are more of a niche group, and its nicer to stay that way, because then we stay out of public scrutiny. I know that skateboarding is banned a lot of places downtown where I live, and biking isnt because we havent caught as much of a public eye. and when a biking vid goes viral its nicer to see the responses on it, rather than a skate video where people have seen it before. just throwing my opinion out there.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
Dirt jumping sure. The DH/Freeride stuff shouldn't touch the x-games. It's very unique to the sport of MTBing and the second it hit's the mainstream it will be scrutinized and opinionated ect...just like all the other sports. No one can rip into us right now and I think we are on a different level of respect (better) than skateboarders and bmxers. I think the attitude among riders is a lot different than other sports athletes too.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
we pretty much have our own x games. its called kokanee crankworx. and the world cup circuit for DH. and possible DJ for the x games, but they already took that out of the x games for bmx so i dont think it would happen anyways. i like how it is now, it is still kinda undergroundish. which is really sweet. Big Grin

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
bathman wrote:
we pretty much have our own x games. its called kokanee crankworx. and the world cup circuit for DH. and possible DJ for the x games, but they already took that out of the x games for bmx so i dont think it would happen anyways. i like how it is now, it is still kinda undergroundish. which is really sweet. Big Grin
so true

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
Yeah I went to the X Games this year was not really impressed it seemed like its more of a popularity test. Kyle Loza should have got second and the dude that did a double front flip in BMX big air should have won. I think they need Slope style. The only thing where are you going to put this event on at Big Bear? Big Bear mountain are a bunch of priks and wont let DH bikes on. But then again this could bring them tons of money.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
socalshreder wrote:
Yeah I went to the X Games this year was not really impressed it seemed like its more of a popularity test. Kyle Loza should have got second and the dude that did a double front flip in BMX big air should have won. I think they need Slope style. The only thing where are you going to put this event on at Big Bear? Big Bear mountain are a bunch of priks and wont let DH bikes on. But then again this could bring them tons of money.

why slopestyle though? there is alrady a huge comp around that is all mountain bikers, so there wont be haters around like skateboarders. or BMX'ers who say oh they need suspension. there is already stuff around. no need to change it. if anything, they should just let mtb's in on the bmx comps. like big air and street, just some pple on MTB instead od BMX. but deff not slopestyle.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
I think slope style would be good cuz Dirt jumping copms and street comps are kinda boring. And this would blow peoples minds away in the U.S. We dont really have slope style events in Cali.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
bathman wrote:
Yes very true Salute This thread is so pointless it makes be want to make a thread named "Who else thinks bmx should be in crankworx."

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 21:04 Quote
not gonna lie here, the x games kinda suck these days. maybe if they went back to the olden days when they were siiiick...then yeah. 'till then, i say keep our sport outta that garbage. it's a shitshow of sponsors, kids who are all the same, and not-so-interesting competitions these days. do i want to add more retarded fanboy kids to this sport? no, we have enough already, thanks. coolest thing by far at the x games: double front. and guess what, it didn't even win. shitty judging? your call, but i say yes.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 21:04 Quote
is x games always the same time as krankwox colorado? if so that would be a good reason why its not in the Xgames

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 21:18 Quote
Who cares.

Look at the gong show they call the X-games, what a joke. And I'm not talking about just the the moto events either, I mean the whole thing. I remember watching biking in both the summer and winter (WTF, how stupid can they make it look!?) X-Games and even though I was just a kid at the time I still knew it was absolutely retarded. We don't need that bull****. Obviously those events were not world cup DH races, but one of the issues is that as soon as an event gets that sort of coverage it starts to be more about the coverage than the event! We have a great thing going with our sport, we all do it regardless of how cool/great/gnarly the general public thinks it is.

As great as we think our sport is it will NEVER be spoken in the same breath as other major league sports by the average viewer, and I really like that fact. That fact alone gives us identity. I for one hope I never ever turn on the tele and see a load of mountain bike programing.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 21:19 Quote
kakah wrote:
Who cares.

Look at the gong show they call the X-games, what a joke. And I'm not talking about just the the moto events either, I mean the whole thing. I remember watching biking in both the summer and winter (WTF, how stupid can they make it look!?) X-Games and even though I was just a kid at the time I still knew it was absolutely retarded. We don't need that bull****. Obviously those events were not world cup DH races, but one of the issues is that as soon as an event gets that sort of coverage it starts to be more about the coverage than the event! We have a great thing going with our sport, we all do it regardless of how cool/great/gnarly the general public thinks it is.

As great as we think our sport is it will NEVER be spoken in the same breath as other major league sports by the average viewer, and I really like that fact. That fact alone gives us identity. I for one hope I never ever turn on the tele and see a load of mountain bike programing.
+1 da troof.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035966
Mobile Version of Website