Drinking monsters on race day

PB Forum :: Downhill
Drinking monsters on race day
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 5:34 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
kirbywatts wrote:

an apple in the morning is proven to be better for energy, all cafeen does is wake you up, if you hav it with sugar it causes a fight in your body sugar makes you want to sleep, cafeen wants to keep you awake....

Sugar wants to make you sleep eh? Its obvious you don't take biology in school.

It gives you energy but is released very quickly and you'll feel like sh*t on a slate afterwards...

Everything you eat Polysaccharides(Potatoes), Disaccharides (Lacotse) are all broken down to monosaccharides at the end anyway.(Apart from protein). Sugar wont make you crash like caffeine will. If that was the case we would all be falling asleep after eating an apple.

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 5:36 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

Everything you eat Polysaccharides(Potatoes), Disaccharides (Lacotse) are all broken down to monosaccharides at the end anyway.(Apart from protein). Sugar wont make you crash like caffeine will. If that was the case we would all be falling asleep after eating an apple.

If thats the kinda stuff I'll be studying in LC for biology, I think I'll fall asleep without the aid of a caffeine crash...

Too much sugar though makes you crash bad and some of those energy are practically liquidized sugar...

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 5:40 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

If thats the kinda stuff I'll be studying in LC for biology, I think I'll fall asleep without the aid of a caffeine crash...

Too much sugar though makes you crash bad and some of those energy are practically liquidized sugar...

I find it pretty interesting but my teacher is really good so that's probably why.

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 5:41 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

I find it pretty interesting but my teacher is really good so that's probably why.

I'm coming out of T.Y. so 5th year is gonna be weird and boring...

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 5:43 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

Ty was the biggest mistake of my life. I should have been celebrating my results last night but instead I have another year left in school. Anyway, bit off topic here Razz

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 5:45 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

Ty was the biggest mistake of my life. I should have been celebrating my results last night but instead I have another year left in school. Anyway, bit off topic here Razz

T.Y. was the best laugh of my life we spent more time out going to random places than in school...

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 5:46 Quote
That's how I felt at the end. Just wait until this time next year when all your friends are graduating Frown

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 5:48 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
That's how I felt at the end. Just wait until this time next year when all your friends are graduating Frown

Doesn't bother me, really...

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 7:59 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
kirbywatts wrote:

an apple in the morning is proven to be better for energy, all cafeen does is wake you up, if you hav it with sugar it causes a fight in your body sugar makes you want to sleep, cafeen wants to keep you awake....

It gives you energy but is released very quickly and you'll feel like sh*t on a slate afterwards...

yeh apple is slow release carbohydrates.... sugar is very quick release, caffeen is just a stimulent

and you obviously never did chem in school, different additives = different solution + different results it also depends which type of sugar, like the sugar in apples oranges etc is slow release... sugar cane is quick release...

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
kirbywatts wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

yeh apple is slow release carbohydrates.... sugar is very quick release, caffeen is just a stimulent

and you obviously never did chem in school, different additives = different solution + different results it also depends which type of sugar, like the sugar in apples oranges etc is slow release... sugar cane is quick release...

I also do chemistry.. Nothing was ever said about additives.. I can assure you i know more chemistry than you

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
while sugar won't make you crash nearly as hard as a huge dose of caffeine will, if you have enough you'll go on a 'sugar high,' and then when you come down, you'll feel it. the most correct statement so far for a good, healthy dose of energy would be the peanut butter sandwich. quick-burning carbs and simple sugars are what you want for quick energy. and finally, it's spelled caffeine. spelling things right usually makes you sound more intelligent, and the rest of us more likely to listen to you.

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
cneums wrote:
and finally, it's spelled caffeine. spelling things right usually makes you sound more intelligent, and the rest of us more likely to listen to you.

LOL!

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
crazy-canuck wrote:
TrikeKid wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:
Look at the pros, they drink water before and an energy drink after. The adreniline should be all the energy you need. Plus I find most energy drinks sit kinda heavy.

Notice how they're always open when someone hands them the bottle? I'd bet money that it's water. Dumping a bunch of caffeine and sugar into your system after strenuous activity isn't the greatest idea. The can is for advertising.

Agreed. I won't lie, i do enjoy an energy drink from time to time, but the only energy drink I have ever drank when DHing is the 5Hr energy shots, and thats only because I work nights, so am always tired for ride days.
Sponsored riders get stuff called tour water, you only have it if you are sponsored by them it looks like the energy drink but it isn't, as said purely advertising. Because the cool racers drink it means a generation of 10 year olds drink it. If you don't believe me heres an image of the stuff.
photo
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2550/3762505972_5d2e503149.jpg

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
snaple wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:
TrikeKid wrote:

Notice how they're always open when someone hands them the bottle? I'd bet money that it's water. Dumping a bunch of caffeine and sugar into your system after strenuous activity isn't the greatest idea. The can is for advertising.

Agreed. I won't lie, i do enjoy an energy drink from time to time, but the only energy drink I have ever drank when DHing is the 5Hr energy shots, and thats only because I work nights, so am always tired for ride days.
Sponsored riders get stuff called tour water, you only have it if you are sponsored by them it looks like the energy drink but it isn't, as said purely advertising. Because the cool racers drink it means a generation of 10 year olds drink it. If you don't believe me heres an image of the stuff.
photo

Edit: Just looked it up. It's a special edition for the warped tour.

You're thirteen you can't say anything about ten year olds. Also I'm not saying they don't drink water out of the cans but did you ever think that tour is a word for taurine in another language? I don't think they would advertise that it isn't monster in the can..

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
snaple wrote:
crazy-canuck wrote:

photo

You're thirteen you can't say anything about ten year olds. Also I'm not saying they don't drink water out of the cans but did you ever think that tour is a word for taurine in another language? I don't think they would advertise that it isn't monster in the can..
so i cant say things about people 3 years younger than me, but you can? no. And yes i do think they would do it for advertising. That is how monster make there money.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014755
Mobile Version of Website