Shoes

• Previous Page
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
I would just like opinions on shoes for me, or so that other riders can use this as a database when they need new shoes. It would be great if everybody posted what shoes they own, and strengths and weaknesses of them. I am aware of the search feature, but the shoes threads I found weren't helpful as they were flamefests.
What do you guys think are the best all-round shoes for riding, and doing other active things (I LB too). I have been looking at new shoes because Ive been rockin sambas for a year, and now they have no almost no tread. I have been looking around at different shoes but cant seem to find one I like, or I know a lot about. Ive been looking at nike 6.0s and van slip ons as all round shoes, but I know vans dont have the greatest soles ever. Thoughts?

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
I've got a pair of the 5.10 mtb shoe they make, they're actually the sam hill pro model. Got them off chainlove for about $60 shipped.

Pros- super sticky, super durable, good looking, nice and stiff for riding

Cons- a little too stiff for every day use until they are really broken in.

overall, awesome shoes, I would definitely recommend them

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.k5.com/images/products09/VANS/M/CHUKLKALOWSHOE_GRYBLK1.jpgreally grippy sole. i love um

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:57 Quote
depends on what you do. if you're in hardcore dh, you'd probably want something with a little better ankle support/rigidity etc, such as a 5.10 or shimano DH shoe, while if you dirtjump, you probably want something lighter and more skate-like. however, the one constant in all aspects of mtb shoes is grip. personally, i wear a pair of Circa 501 destroyers. they fit really well (because they have a good lacing system and a strap) and provide good enough support your feet don't kill and you don't strain anything. they're a skate shoe so they work well for dj-ing, but they are sturdy enough to dh in (due to the strap), and still look good enough/ are comfortable enough that i can wear them around.

FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
I'll second the opinion on the 5.10's, I used to blow shoes up and decided to try a pair of 5.10's, I've worn them everyday for about 7 mths now and everything seems to be holding together quite well, I longboard a few days a week as well as rip freeride trails about 3 or 4 days a week, the only knock on this shoes when I bought them was that the grip wore out fast but I have not had that problem as of yet! They are solid and can take a beating!!!!!

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 14:33 Quote
Is ankle support worthwhile to consider looking at when im looking for shoes? ankle support is something I only look for when im getting hiking boots so im just wondering.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
jukumber wrote:
Is ankle support worthwhile to consider looking at when im looking for shoes? ankle support is something I only look for when im getting hiking boots so im just wondering.
for some types of riding, yes...in DH i like some ankle support, it keeps them from moving wrong when you land a big one, plus it helps protect your ankles from getting hit.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
Anything 5.10 is good to go. I just got the Freerider model for dj, park and everyday wear.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
bump. any1 else? I just read a few reviews for 6.0s and looked specifically for the ones on biking, and they seem pretty good, but i have heard mixed things about their durability. does anybody have more experience with 6.0s whose willing to chime in? also the chukka lows i was looking at, but they seem to have thin walls. And idk but the 5.10 but i associate them more with rock climbing, and sticky rock climbing soles, rather than a good tread.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
jukumber wrote:
bump. any1 else? I just read a few reviews for 6.0s and looked specifically for the ones on biking, and they seem pretty good, but i have heard mixed things about their durability. does anybody have more experience with 6.0s whose willing to chime in? also the chukka lows i was looking at, but they seem to have thin walls. And idk but the 5.10 but i associate them more with rock climbing, and sticky rock climbing soles, rather than a good tread.

a buddy of mine wears his 6.0's and they've lasted ok so far, including one super-nasty mudbath and subsequent soak in a bathtub...and they're still white!

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
bump. the nike 6.0 thread only has shoes for looks, i would like a better review from the rest of you pinkbikers who care more about the ride.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
jukumber wrote:
bump. the nike 6.0 thread only has shoes for looks, i would like a better review from the rest of you pinkbikers who care more about the ride.

read right above your post.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
how long has he had his shoes?

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
jukumber wrote:
how long has he had his shoes?

probably 7 or 8 months by now.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
do u know what kind of shoes he has?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010978
Mobile Version of Website