What are your poisons?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
What are your poisons?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
This thread is for giving feedback on food, drugs, training tips and the way all of it is afecting your riding.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 15:27 Quote
Candy...

And Lots Of It.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
yoyomokomo wrote:
Candy...

And Lots Of It.

So how is this afecting your riding then?

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
Caffeine and energy drinks.

Caffeine can really slow me down, mornings are horrible and I can even wake up not wanting to ride. My quality of sleep decreases and my enthusiasm also decreases. But the shop has a really good coffee machine with fresh ground beans, how could I say no?

Energy drinks generally don't affect me (apart from the caffeine aspect), there's no sugar buzz, crash or anything else of the sort. They do taste damn good, though.

FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
"Energy drinks generally don't affect me (apart from the caffeine aspect), there's no sugar buzz, crash or anything else of the sort. They do taste damn good, though."

Same here!
Anyway, my sleep apnea is a killer.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 16:58 Quote
I've noticed energy drinks can sort of cheer you up when you feel all drained out but lots of caffeine do get on my nerves (I just cannot stand it). On another note, I would like to say I came up with the idea to post this thread after reading some article on Steve Peaty and some test he went through at the University lab to find out about his oxigene intake and other related issues to do with it. In the end they came up to the conclusion he is more than human (kind of a monster).

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
smeckma wrote:
I've noticed energy drinks can sort of cheer you up when you feel all drained out but lots of caffeine do get on my nerves (I just cannot stand it). On another note, I would like to say I came up with the idea to post this thread after reading some article on Steve Peaty and some test he went through at the University lab to find out about his oxigene intake and other related issues to do with it. In the end they came up to the conclusion he is more than human (kind of a monster).
would you able to send me the link to that article

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
KRYPTONITE! that stuffs a pain in the backsideMad

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
i've found drinking tea before riding makes my energy levels more constant throughout the ride. thinking it has to do with the antioxidants. im talking about real tea, not the sugar packed flavored teas you get at a gas station or fast food place

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
cthorpe wrote:
i've found drinking tea before riding makes my energy levels more constant throughout the ride. thinking it has to do with the antioxidants. im talking about real tea, not the sugar packed flavored teas you get at a gas station or fast food place

Green tea is win.

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:26 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
cthorpe wrote:

Green tea is win.
agreed!

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
i find if i stop riding, and head for some grub, and you sit down, eat... when you get back to the hill, you've no energy for riding!.. better bring packed food Razz

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
coffee and skoal before DH rides

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:45 Quote
Always drink lots of water (not too much though). Its not only refreshin', but it keeps you hydrated and alert through the day. When your biking and building, water is a mans best friend.

Edit: Not a poison, more like an anti-poison Big Grin

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
Protip: Roadies use energy gel's, bars and other variations of energy supplements for a good reason. They work, and well. I highly suggest trialling a few different types of supplements and flavours until you get the perfect one for you.

I generally take up to 3 Torq energy gels with me every ride, black cherry yoghurt flavour is the best.

Gel's are easy to eat, even when you're really trying to catch your breath and are on a break barely long enough to open the gel and drink it. Or even my preferred time to drink one, on the long uphill slog as you reach the peak of your ascent. Just before you descend.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011682
Mobile Version of Website