What are your poisons?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
What are your poisons?
Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 10:36 Quote
Cider... no questions asked. I can have non-stop beer and be fine but give me cider and almost forget who Iam.

Energy drinks too, I crash big time after having one.

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
here's drinks I've tried when riding....

red bull - gives me about 20mins of enhanced energy when riding, this stuff actually works but doesn't last long but also doesn't make me feel ill after.

monster - gives me quite a bit of extra energy to keep going when I'm riding, but due to its ludicrazily high sugar content I have to drink about 1.5L of water with every can for it to effectively work - I've tried drinking this stuff to help overcome fatigue or tiredness when not doing strenuous exercise, bad idea - gives me heart murmurs and chest cramp... hate to think whats in this stuff, I don't touch it anymore though!

cider [2 pint serving:P] - due to its crazy high fruit sugar content and alcohol content this stuff is by far the best performance and energy enhancing drink you can have [as long as you have it with food!], I find the alcohol content helps override any 'brain fuzz' going on in my head and I can focus 2x better and actually go a hell of a lot faster after a couple of pints, also gives me a ridiculous near super-human energy burst which last for about an 1½hrs, but once it wears off that's it for the day as I'm knackered after, and any more cider and I'll start getting drunkFrown - I also find cider + exercise has a tolerable side effect of making me cough up water quite a lot...Very confused

water - obvious really, I drink a huge amount of water when riding as I sweat big time, without water and constant hydration, exercise isn't possibleBlank Stare

coke - no really noticeable effect, just like having a tiny amount of red-bull maybe

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 18:08 Quote
suicidedownhiller wrote:
No offense to anybody, its a sick bike, but your defintion of bigmountain must not be right. I would anihilate that bike in an hour at my big mountain spot...ha. Sick light fr, allmountain bike though!

I am listening to you mate. So you think you can break it? Well, I believe you. As a matter of fact, it occured to me there is a chance I could break it my self; right in the parking lot (no need to take it down the trails). Do you think I should probably buy it? This is what I did to my last bike:

photo

Now I am ridding this:

photo

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 3:11 Quote
My weakness is smoking! I am currently on the 23hr:29min of stopping and im having physical cravings but not nicotine, god dam it sucks but i want to quit after learning that ive spent £12,000 over 8 years on those evil little white sticks!... THINK OF ALL THE OTHER THINGS I COULD GET WITH £12,000!!!!

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 3:30 Quote
fooboy86 wrote:
My weakness is smoking! I am currently on the 23hr:29min of stopping and im having physical cravings but not nicotine, god dam it sucks but i want to quit after learning that ive spent £12,000 over 8 years on those evil little white sticks!... THINK OF ALL THE OTHER THINGS I COULD GET WITH £12,000!!!!

I hear you pal, I fell off the wagon after a few months of stopping and i'm now gearing up to stop again (you have to get yourself in the right frame of mind don't ya). But you end up spending so much cash, not to mention when i last managed to quit properly a few years ago for just over a year i found performance on the bike was massively improved. But everytime i go on my jolly's i always end up having a few cheap fags and BOOM i'm back on them again. Madder

My poison though is the good ol' Lager Beer

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 3:39 Quote
twoheads wrote:
fooboy86 wrote:

I hear you pal, I fell off the wagon after a few months of stopping and i'm now gearing up to stop again (you have to get yourself in the right frame of mind don't ya). But you end up spending so much cash, not to mention when i last managed to quit properly a few years ago for just over a year i found performance on the bike was massively improved. But everytime i go on my jolly's i always end up having a few cheap fags and BOOM i'm back on them again. Madder

yeah you do need to want to quit for it to be easier and i got to the point where i really dont want to smoke anymore!

and as far as a nice cold pint goesDrool i could go for one right now!... but i do find that with drinking the smoking is even harder to stop, they go hand in hand!

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 3:41 Quote
fooboy86 wrote:
twoheads wrote:
fooboy86 wrote:

yeah you do need to want to quit for it to be easier and i got to the point where i really dont want to smoke anymore!

and as far as a nice cold pint goesDrool i could go for one right now!... but i do find that with drinking the smoking is even harder to stop, they go hand in hand!

You're not wrong. Not as bad for me as most my mates who i go drinking with don't smoke, but our lass does so that doesn't help Confused

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 4:48 Quote
BLaZZiN wrote:
Cocaine and asian girls, neither do any harm to my riding, just my wallet! Smile

Drugs are bad, mmkay!

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 4:53 Quote
smoking and pies,yes i'm slightly over weight.

and be careful with the drug talk.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 4:57 Quote
"what are your poisons" I answered the OP.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 5:03 Quote
BLaZZiN wrote:
"what are your poisons" I answered the OP.

agreed and it is the reason your post was not cessed.

but things get out of hand all to easily.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 5:07 Quote
True enough, On a healthy note I have started taking Glutamine and creatine to stack with my carb shakes before riding/working out.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 5:37 Quote
According to ancient Roman law "drug" was rather an indifferent concept as substances could be used to cause both harm and pleasure, but the Lex Cornelia only punished those individuals who used it with intent to kill or cause bodily harm to others. I honestly believe you have this unalienable right to be secure in your belongings and not be subjected to unconstitutional searches (your body is your biological property), but you’re probably better off if you don't do any drugs whatsoever (not even pot) for a better riding experience. In fact, you don't need to do drugs at all (whatever it is you do).

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 6:19 Quote
personally "drugs" is an alienated word. It is ostracized. there are more "drugs" in a twinky than any natural protein or supplement, things have come a long way i recent years in the performance enhancing area of sports... NATURAL enhancment...in other words healthy intake.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 7:24 Quote
Power Thirst! You will win at everything!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034795
Mobile Version of Website