Summer Gravity Camp V.S. Camp Of Champions what one?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Summer Gravity Camp V.S. Camp Of Champions what one?
Author Message
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
Luseboy wrote:
I think both camps are awsome, and coc is being very smart by being on here to answer questions. however, i went to sgc this summer, and had so much fun. I have heard some bad rumors about coc, from bed bugs in the beds, to just not caring about you... don't know if theyre true or not though. I also saw some kids from coc. they were in giant groups, with one coach who didnt seem to be teaching them anything... it was seriously like 12 kids per coach when i saw them. also, sgc has three trek session 88's that you can take out for the day, i keep seeing all the coc guys advertising with their bikes... but sgc has the same thing, just so you know. The thing about sgc is that your on your own. theyre there to keep you out of trouble, teach you to ride better, and show you around the hill. Im not sure if coc is the same or not, but with sgc, you just get to do whatever you want pretty much. and, the whole thing about air dome taking up time on the hill is false... you dont have to go to the air dome, and if you ask a coach, they can take you out on the mountain during the air dome time. also, free breakfast and lunch, and you get to choose what you get. plus free dinner two or three of the nights. there is some free stuff, maybe not as much as coc, but who goes to a camp for free stuff? everyone gets shoes, grips, super nice headphones, lots of stickers, a poster, a print of your picture, a dakine jersey, and, if you go to sgc, you can get a pro deal on a trek session 88, which gives you about a half price session. If sgc werent in existence, i would definatley go to coc. but, in my humble opinion, sgc is better. although, i havent acctually been to coc, just heard rumors, and seen kids... so, i dont really know how much different the two are. but the botom line is that both are sick, and either way, you get lots of riding in whistler...

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
Luseboy wrote:
I think both camps are awsome, and coc is being very smart by being on here to answer questions. however, i went to sgc this summer, and had so much fun. I have heard some bad rumors about coc, from bed bugs in the beds, to just not caring about you... don't know if theyre true or not though. I also saw some kids from coc. they were in giant groups, with one coach who didnt seem to be teaching them anything... it was seriously like 12 kids per coach when i saw them. also, sgc has three trek session 88's that you can take out for the day, i keep seeing all the coc guys advertising with their bikes... but sgc has the same thing, just so you know. The thing about sgc is that your on your own. theyre there to keep you out of trouble, teach you to ride better, and show you around the hill. Im not sure if coc is the same or not, but with sgc, you just get to do whatever you want pretty much. and, the whole thing about air dome taking up time on the hill is false... you dont have to go to the air dome, and if you ask a coach, they can take you out on the mountain during the air dome time. also, free breakfast and lunch, and you get to choose what you get. plus free dinner two or three of the nights. there is some free stuff, maybe not as much as coc, but who goes to a camp for free stuff? everyone gets shoes, grips, super nice headphones, lots of stickers, a poster, a print of your picture, a dakine jersey, and, if you go to sgc, you can get a pro deal on a trek session 88, which gives you about a half price session. If sgc werent in existence, i would definatley go to coc. but, in my humble opinion, sgc is better. although, i havent acctually been to coc, just heard rumors, and seen kids... so, i dont really know how much different the two are. but the botom line is that both are sick, and either way, you get lots of riding in whistler...

Hey Dude, I can say with 100% certainty that those rumours are not true. They are just rumours started by someone who I guess isn't one of our fans.

I can also say with 100% certainty that the group of 12 kids you saw with one coach was not us. There are a number of other kids day camps that operate in the bike park all summer, so it must have been one of them. We NEVER, EVER, group that many kids with one coach. It's straight up dangerous.

Stoked to hear what you have to say, so please don't take this the wrong way and thanks for the props!

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
Loach75 wrote:
Luseboy wrote:
I think both camps are awsome, and coc is being very smart by being on here to answer questions. however, i went to sgc this summer, and had so much fun. I have heard some bad rumors about coc, from bed bugs in the beds, to just not caring about you... don't know if theyre true or not though. I also saw some kids from coc. they were in giant groups, with one coach who didnt seem to be teaching them anything... it was seriously like 12 kids per coach when i saw them. also, sgc has three trek session 88's that you can take out for the day, i keep seeing all the coc guys advertising with their bikes... but sgc has the same thing, just so you know. The thing about sgc is that your on your own. theyre there to keep you out of trouble, teach you to ride better, and show you around the hill. Im not sure if coc is the same or not, but with sgc, you just get to do whatever you want pretty much. and, the whole thing about air dome taking up time on the hill is false... you dont have to go to the air dome, and if you ask a coach, they can take you out on the mountain during the air dome time. also, free breakfast and lunch, and you get to choose what you get. plus free dinner two or three of the nights. there is some free stuff, maybe not as much as coc, but who goes to a camp for free stuff? everyone gets shoes, grips, super nice headphones, lots of stickers, a poster, a print of your picture, a dakine jersey, and, if you go to sgc, you can get a pro deal on a trek session 88, which gives you about a half price session. If sgc werent in existence, i would definatley go to coc. but, in my humble opinion, sgc is better. although, i havent acctually been to coc, just heard rumors, and seen kids... so, i dont really know how much different the two are. but the botom line is that both are sick, and either way, you get lots of riding in whistler...

Hey Dude, I can say with 100% certainty that those rumours are not true. They are just rumours started by someone who I guess isn't one of our fans.

I can also say with 100% certainty that the group of 12 kids you saw with one coach was not us. There are a number of other kids day camps that operate in the bike park all summer, so it must have been one of them. We NEVER, EVER, group that many kids with one coach. It's straight up dangerous.

Stoked to hear what you have to say, so please don't take this the wrong way and thanks for the props!

ya, thats what i thought when i heard it. just dumb rumors. well, they said they were from coc... maybe it was an unsual circumstance... but they were from coc. haha ya for sure. i might giv coc a shot, but idk, sgc is so much fun...

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
If you ask me i think coc. Just because there is a lot of kids doesn't change much plus i find the free time things much better. I've never been to either but read a lot about it and i just say coc has the better things. Plus the big named riders doesn't matter to me i just want a cool good riding coach even if it is a pro or not you get to have fun.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
Luseboy wrote:

ya, thats what i thought when i heard it. just dumb rumors. well, they said they were from coc... maybe it was an unsual circumstance... but they were from coc. haha ya for sure. i might giv coc a shot, but idk, sgc is so much fun...

Well as you know from experience, you'll have a killer time at SGC. I'm confident you would have a killer time with us to, but it would more than likely be a different exerience than SGC. At the end of the day as long as you're coming to a bike camp in Whistler and you're telling everyone about it, we're all stoked because that helps both camps grow. Some will choose SGC and some wil choose us, but atleast they're coming to Whistler!

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
Loach75 wrote:
Luseboy wrote:

ya, thats what i thought when i heard it. just dumb rumors. well, they said they were from coc... maybe it was an unsual circumstance... but they were from coc. haha ya for sure. i might giv coc a shot, but idk, sgc is so much fun...

Well as you know from experience, you'll have a killer time at SGC. I'm confident you would have a killer time with us to, but it would more than likely be a different exerience than SGC. At the end of the day as long as you're coming to a bike camp in Whistler and you're telling everyone about it, we're all stoked because that helps both camps grow. Some will choose SGC and some wil choose us, but atleast they're coming to Whistler!

ya for sure. and, i want to congratulate you guys on having so much support on here, i think a lot of kids find it helpful. I think that you guys have an awsome camp, and im so happy that your doing it. but, my friends from this summer are likely to be at sgc next summer, which kinda makes sgc my decision... if it werent for that, i might have decided to go to coc, for this coming summer... you never know. good luck with future camps, and see you around the forums.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 16:28 Quote
Luseboy wrote:
Loach75 wrote:
Luseboy wrote:

ya, thats what i thought when i heard it. just dumb rumors. well, they said they were from coc... maybe it was an unsual circumstance... but they were from coc. haha ya for sure. i might giv coc a shot, but idk, sgc is so much fun...

Well as you know from experience, you'll have a killer time at SGC. I'm confident you would have a killer time with us to, but it would more than likely be a different exerience than SGC. At the end of the day as long as you're coming to a bike camp in Whistler and you're telling everyone about it, we're all stoked because that helps both camps grow. Some will choose SGC and some wil choose us, but atleast they're coming to Whistler!

ya for sure. and, i want to congratulate you guys on having so much support on here, i think a lot of kids find it helpful. I think that you guys have an awsome camp, and im so happy that your doing it. but, my friends from this summer are likely to be at sgc next summer, which kinda makes sgc my decision... if it werent for that, i might have decided to go to coc, for this coming summer... you never know. good luck with future camps, and see you around the forums.
maybe the kids with one coach actually had a few coahes. SGC seems more downhill and dirt jump while CoC seems more freeride and slopestyle. not saying that those are the only things they do, just from videos ive seen. i think itd be cool for someone to do a week of SGC then a week of no camp then a week of CoC and then write a review. thatd be cool. and its cool that CoC gives away not one but two frames while sgc gives away a new fox 36.(its also be cool if the camps gave the reviewer a free week Razz id be up for it Razz haha)

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
dude do sgc they give away so much more stuff b

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
bikemonster2 wrote:
dude do sgc they give away so much more stuff b
youd go to a camp for the free stuff... wow.. and its not like everyone gets the free stuff(everyone does get a jersey, 6.0s, JLB headphones, and Odi Lock-Ons)

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
bikemonster2 wrote:
dude do sgc they give away so much more stuff b
youd go to a camp for the free stuff... wow.. and its not like everyone gets the free stuff(everyone does get a jersey, 6.0s, JLB headphones, and Odi Lock-Ons)
i actually havent been to either i dont plan on it either but i think u might as well get ur moneys worth

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
[Quote="bikemonster2"]
Cmontjumper wrote:
bikemonster2 wrote:
dude do sgc they give away so much more stuff b
youd go to a camp for the free stuff... wow.. and its not like everyone gets the free stuff(everyone does get a jersey, 6.0s, JLB headphones, and Odi Lock-Ons)[/Quotei actually havent been to either i dont plan on it either but i think u might as well get ur moneys worth
im pretty sure they both give away a little bit fo free stuff to everyone then more to raffle winners.. but seriously, id still go to either even if they didnt give away free stuff..

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
[Quote="Cmontjumper"]
bikemonster2 wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:
youd go to a camp for the free stuff... wow.. and its not like everyone gets the free stuff(everyone does get a jersey, 6.0s, JLB headphones, and Odi Lock-Ons)[/Quotei actually havent been to either i dont plan on it either but i think u might as well get ur moneys worth
im pretty sure they both give away a little bit fo free stuff to everyone then more to raffle winners.. but seriously, id still go to either even if they didnt give away free stuff..
tru dat

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
bikemonster2 wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:
bikemonster2 wrote:
dude do sgc they give away so much more stuff b
youd go to a camp for the free stuff... wow.. and its not like everyone gets the free stuff(everyone does get a jersey, 6.0s, JLB headphones, and Odi Lock-Ons)
i actually havent been to either i dont plan on it either but i think u might as well get ur moneys worth

uhhh... two things: 1, you could easily buy all of the stuff they give you for the money you spend on the camp. and 2, free stuff is not a very good reason to go to a camp. oh, and the third thing: coc definatley gives away more free stuff.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
Luseboy wrote:

ya for sure. and, i want to congratulate you guys on having so much support on here, i think a lot of kids find it helpful. I think that you guys have an awsome camp, and im so happy that your doing it. but, my friends from this summer are likely to be at sgc next summer, which kinda makes sgc my decision... if it werent for that, i might have decided to go to coc, for this coming summer... you never know. good luck with future camps, and see you around the forums.

Right on dude and if you see our crew in the village or on the hill, make sure to say hey. Thanks again for the props and stoked to have chatted with you.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 22:04 Quote
my two bits on the matter is that personally the camp all round seems to have a better vibe at sgc but it seems to me that coc seems pretty chill too, personally though id go to sgc but coc for snowboarding all the way


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020742
Mobile Version of Website