Summer Gravity Camp V.S. Camp Of Champions what one?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Summer Gravity Camp V.S. Camp Of Champions what one?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 at 0:30 Quote
sgc ftw better coaches

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 at 19:40 Quote
Luseboy wrote:
Loach75 wrote:
Luseboy wrote:
I think both camps are awsome, and coc is being very smart by being on here to answer questions. however, i went to sgc this summer, and had so much fun. I have heard some bad rumors about coc, from bed bugs in the beds, to just not caring about you... don't know if theyre true or not though. I also saw some kids from coc. they were in giant groups, with one coach who didnt seem to be teaching them anything... it was seriously like 12 kids per coach when i saw them. also, sgc has three trek session 88's that you can take out for the day, i keep seeing all the coc guys advertising with their bikes... but sgc has the same thing, just so you know. The thing about sgc is that your on your own. theyre there to keep you out of trouble, teach you to ride better, and show you around the hill. Im not sure if coc is the same or not, but with sgc, you just get to do whatever you want pretty much. and, the whole thing about air dome taking up time on the hill is false... you dont have to go to the air dome, and if you ask a coach, they can take you out on the mountain during the air dome time. also, free breakfast and lunch, and you get to choose what you get. plus free dinner two or three of the nights. there is some free stuff, maybe not as much as coc, but who goes to a camp for free stuff? everyone gets shoes, grips, super nice headphones, lots of stickers, a poster, a print of your picture, a dakine jersey, and, if you go to sgc, you can get a pro deal on a trek session 88, which gives you about a half price session. If sgc werent in existence, i would definatley go to coc. but, in my humble opinion, sgc is better. although, i havent acctually been to coc, just heard rumors, and seen kids... so, i dont really know how much different the two are. but the botom line is that both are sick, and either way, you get lots of riding in whistler...
hey ya i think these are the most trustable comments thanks for the info

Hey Dude, I can say with 100% certainty that those rumours are not true. They are just rumours started by someone who I guess isn't one of our fans.

I can also say with 100% certainty that the group of 12 kids you saw with one coach was not us. There are a number of other kids day camps that operate in the bike park all summer, so it must have been one of them. We NEVER, EVER, group that many kids with one coach. It's straight up dangerous.

Stoked to hear what you have to say, so please don't take this the wrong way and thanks for the props!

ya, thats what i thought when i heard it. just dumb rumors. well, they said they were from coc... maybe it was an unsual circumstance... but they were from coc. haha ya for sure. i might giv coc a shot, but idk, sgc is so much fun...

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 3:15 Quote
Just a question for the COC guys on this forum, previous people have said they think COC is more of a "freeride slopestyle" camp and SGS more "downhill/dirt jump" Is this true? Thinking ahead, im deciding on which camp i'll be at next year for my first time in whistler, and being a downhill racer, would prefer to be smashing out downhill runs than spending my time laying down tricks or in the Boneyard....

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 12:39 Quote
We are about whatever you want to learn. We have coaches for DH, Slopestyle and Dirt Jump. Kelly McGarry who was 8th in the world at DH at one point last year, and a lot of our other coaches are really great racers and they try and pump you full of knowledge every run. We have clinics on line choice, passing, cornering and more, so when it comes time to race, you are as fast as you can be. Our coaching ratio is 1:3 so you get the most coaching possible compared to other camps that are 1:6 minimum.

Even if you aren't really a slopestyle/DJ kind of rider, with daily sessions using the Big Air Bag in The Compound you learn so many DJ skills so quickly it's crazy. The biggest thing is that the COC is about you and what you want to learn, and then we teach it to you. We make our groups by matching what you want to learn, to the coach that is the best at teaching that aspect of riding.
Hope to see you next summer

Ken

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 13:59 Quote
Is there an adult camp at COC? I don't see it on the website.

Cheers

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016426
Mobile Version of Website