2.35 Kenda Nevegal or 2.35 Maxxis Minion

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2.35 Kenda Nevegal or 2.35 Maxxis Minion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
I don't know which to get. I will be putting them on my Trek Remedy. I'm looking for descent rolling resistance, halfway lightweight, and durability. Which would be better?
Thanks.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
go for the minion. i ride a dhf in the front and back and love it. ive also heard from quite a few people that the nevegals suck and arent predictable

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
Thanks I was leaning towards minions

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
wheelieman133 wrote:
I don't know which to get. I will be putting them on my Trek Remedy. I'm looking for descent rolling resistance, halfway lightweight, and durability. Which would be better?
Thanks.

Just swapped from 2.35 Nevegal to the 2.35 Minions. Warning - I run a 2.50 Minion DH on my park bike - they could not be more different!! Anyway, lots of traction, decent weight, front pattern is nice for both F & R, but it is way skinnier in cross section than the Nevegal. Also, compared with the DH version it corners differently, due to the single ply sidewall. Not sure it's worse, but it's definitely a different tire. When I ordered mine I didn't realize they made an XC version, so this was all a big surprise.

Good tires - just know what you're getting into -

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 18:08 Quote
I'd probably go with minions too... I've got 2.4 ADvantages on my remedy which barely fit, but are developing sidewall tears with plenty of tread left.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
JamesCT wrote:
wheelieman133 wrote:
Thanks.

Just swapped from 2.35 Nevegal to the 2.35 Minions. Warning - I run a 2.50 Minion DH on my park bike - they could not be more different!! Anyway, lots of traction, decent weight, front pattern is nice for both F & R, but it is way skinnier in cross section than the Nevegal. Also, compared with the DH version it corners differently, due to the single ply sidewall. Not sure it's worse, but it's definitely a different tire. When I ordered mine I didn't realize they made an XC version, so this was all a big surprise.

Good tires - just know what you're getting into -
Ya I have 2.5 Minions on my dh bike, but the 2.35 is totally different

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
I'm thinking a minion in the front for sure, but what if I ran a high roller in the back to save a little weight. Would the that be an ok setup?

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
ya a lot of people ride that(my brother) and it works well. its easier to slide out than minions but its good

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
Been riding Minions up at the Wales trail centres
Great on hard packed/Rocks/Slate.

Being the weather is very wet regarding summer or not
I have been using the super tacky up front and a
60a rear Minion
Love this tyre
Had heard bad reviews regarding the Nevegals so opted for the single ply but not the XC ones.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
wheelieman133 wrote:
I'm thinking a minion in the front for sure, but what if I ran a high roller in the back to save a little weight. Would the that be an ok setup?
ya thats a pretty populaR COMBO IT SEEMs

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
Yer flying fish heard this too plus some reverse the High Roller on the rear
But to speed things up put a Front Minion onto the rear but normal direction.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
Thanks for the help guys

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
Well i dont know if the tyres i have are the same because i know of 3 of my mates bikes have kenda nevegals on them and they are all diffrent rubber compounds and to be honest mine are the softest had the bike 2 months i havnt ever purposly skidded it and they are shagged like slick in the middle but they may wear shit but the grip very well as a xc tyres i dont no much about the model of maxxis all i no is they are bad for wear.

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
I ride on Nevegals, (2.1) on my hardtail for sross country and i love them. They have amazing grip on more loose stuff. I mainly bought them because i read that the handled mud well, and they do. The only time i rode minions were at slickrock in moab, which was fun and they were nice but it was different riding so i cant really compare

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015859
Mobile Version of Website