Has anyone seen this bmx disc conversion?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Has anyone seen this bmx disc conversion?
Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 1:15 Quote
IMHO a disc brake could work fine even on a street BMX, assuming you grind on one side and the disc is on the other. What would be even more pimp is a forward mounted cassette like the forward-mount-freewheels on trials bikes, and a sprocket that doubled as a brake disc.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 8:26 Quote
pointlessly heavy, over-complicated and expensive for anything other than racing.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 9:10 Quote
rosscairns1 wrote:
pointlessly heavy, over-complicated and expensive for anything other than racing.

Was anyone saying anything to the contrary?

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 9:16 Quote
not in so many words no, therefore i'm just backing up general opinion, chill dude

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 11:02 Quote
rosscairns1 wrote:
not in so many words no, therefore i'm just backing up general opinion, chill dude

I'm "chill", I just fail to see the point in restating something that's already been said by half the other posters? Just feel like adding your own turd to the shitpile? That's why discussions never go anywhere on sites like this, instead of trying to do something constructive everyone just apes the same thing everyone else says, like a closed circle of idiocy.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 17:00 Quote
rosscairns1 wrote:

It doesn't even add 12 ounces to your bike from regular v-brakes. What are you ? Dumb ? More braking power, less places to screw the brake up.

If you're a weight weenie this obviously isn't the sport for you. If you're going to whine and bitch about weights, you should race road bikes.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 19:10 Quote
my bike is 21 pounds right now and with the upgrades i intend on doing it will be just over 19 not bad in my opinion

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 19:50 Quote
My new bike will be just over 17... Not bad for a ProXXL if you ask... Haha.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 3:56 Quote
haha brilliant no wonder bmxers tend not to use this site

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 8:19 Quote
rosscairns1 wrote:
haha brilliant no wonder bmxers tend not to use this site

Cause you guys are dicks ? Thats the exact reason.,

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 13:37 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:

Back up your statement, dude, otherwise you have no credibility.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 16:30 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
Your name is Bmxerch?

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 18:01 Quote
lol its funny (not really) that people would rather say something negative than give someone props I don t fricken know

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 18:15 Quote
Children, children, please. JokerMachine, he wasn't calling you a dick. Bmxerch is just complaining about pinkbike in general. I am not going to "back up his statement," and start quote other offensive posts made by the REAL dicks on PB. If you must see the dicks on pinkbike, stick around this forum. You won't be disappointed.
Please don't take this the wrong way. I am not calling any of you dicks, I'm just trying to break up an argument before this thread gets locked.

ON TOPIC.
I personally hate the feel of U brakes, and would like to try out one of these brakes on my bike. I probably wouldn't keep it on for long though.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 18:16 Quote
damageinc2008 wrote:
lol its funny (not really) that people would rather say something negative than give someone props I don t fricken know
yheah. Nice bike btw.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021204
Mobile Version of Website