Snapped My Frame......... 08 Jamis Parker II

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Snapped My Frame......... 08 Jamis Parker II
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
Hey, Snapped my Jamis Parker, its an 08. All i did was bunnyhop.....
see pic:
photo

what should i do, hows jamis's warranty?

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
you could ummm.. maybe its a possibility and all but you could like

CALL THEM UP AND ASK!

but thats just a long shot tho.

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 22:00 Quote
obviously, but its a weekend, and im assuming there cs department isnt open on weekends, so im just wondering how jamis usually handles warranties, are they usually pretty easy to deal with

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 22:06 Quote
ya, to get it replaced they only do it through dealers, you cant contact them directly. gotta take it back to the shop. what happens if u didnt buy it from a dealer but bought it second hand?

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 1:02 Quote
arekieh wrote:
ya, to get it replaced they only do it through dealers, you cant contact them directly. gotta take it back to the shop. what happens if u didnt buy it from a dealer but bought it second hand?
where i work we use to deal with jamis, and like most other bike companys, void warrantys if it is second hand owned. But also jamis had really bad warranty,,,this one guy did about a 2-3 foot drop in the river vally on a dakar and in took us a long time to get the guy a new frame.
sorry about the bad luck though

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 1:42 Quote
They have a very good warranty service (in canada at least) through RB inc. Mine was back in a week or so. Free of charge. just go to you Lbs that you bought it at.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 3:31 Quote
parkerrider wrote:
They have a very good warranty service (in canada at least) through RB inc. Mine was back in a week or so. Free of charge. just go to you Lbs that you bought it at.
i live and work in canada and the bike shop i worked at carryed jamis and there warranty was not the best they never would accept the fact that some times frames snap because of a defect. they always wanted to blame the rider and not bend any for the customer. also he did buy it second hand so i do believe that voids his warranty.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 10:36 Quote
damn that really sucks, i know the owner of a bike shop like 45min away from my house that carries jamis, hopefully he can help me out Smile .

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
The 08's had a HUGE problem with the snapping chainstays, this isnt the first ive seen myself, and the proto of the BAM 2 in 08, its chainstays snapped. Also warranty from Jamis, Have fun waiting. xD

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 20:25 Quote
I just saw someone on the trails today snap his Jamis Parker frame in the same spot as you, and he was just rolling over a log-over.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 21:18 Quote
wish me luck, taking it to the shop tomorrow to see what he can do. i know the owner of the shop extremely well so hopefully he can help me out.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 23:50 Quote
it dont really matter how well you know the shop owner, its jamis reps and jamis them self, and the jamis rep here is a old man that likes to think every time a bike snaps it is the rider riding the bike to hard

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 2:13 Quote
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:
it dont really matter how well you know the shop owner, its jamis reps and jamis them self, and the jamis rep here is a old man that likes to think every time a bike snaps it is the rider riding the bike to hard

$5 says hes a Roadie

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 3:07 Quote
hodge357 wrote:
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:

$5 says hes a Roadie
nah he is just a older man, like in his 50s close to 60 and he just does not understand that bikes have grown a lot in the past 10 years where people are not just riding around the block or comuting any more

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 9:33 Quote
They're sending me a new chainstay Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013506
Mobile Version of Website