Help needed on fork choice!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Help needed on fork choice!
Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 5:22 Quote
U can fix your djs for free!

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 5:47 Quote
MattJ92 wrote:
U can fix your djs for free!

Yeah I bought the bike 2nd hand but it's still in warrenty, it was originally bought miles away from me. Do you think I can take it to my lbs and they can sort it out? Or should I go to the closest commencal dealer?

Thanks

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 6:01 Quote
Nah dude. Its the rebound cartridge. There are loads of threads on this. It happened to me. Either pay 69.99 for a new cartridge. Or take it out. and leave the left leg empty. Your forks will feel so much better with out rebound. Super smooth and plush or hard if you like. You will lose rebound but trust me. Its fine

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
MattJ92 wrote:
Nah dude. Its the rebound cartridge. There are loads of threads on this. It happened to me. Either pay 69.99 for a new cartridge. Or take it out. and leave the left leg empty. Your forks will feel so much better with out rebound. Super smooth and plush or hard if you like. You will lose rebound but trust me. Its fine

Yeah but surely the forks will stay down? Like If I hit a rock they will stay pushed in?

And it must be covered by warrenty, it's not like I've hit a car or anything :S

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
antster94 wrote:
MattJ92 wrote:

Yeah but surely the forks will stay down? Like If I hit a rock they will stay pushed in?

no its the opposite, they'll rebound really fast.

and yeah i would think that it would be under warranty, otherwise marz is gayyy

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 8:57 Quote
monkeymanbmx wrote:
antster94 wrote:
MattJ92 wrote:

Haha my friend DJ1 did exactly the same thing and it got fixed under warrenty Smile

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 8:59 Quote
antster94 wrote:
monkeymanbmx wrote:
antster94 wrote:

Haha my friend DJ1 did exactly the same thing and it got fixed under warrenty Smile

yh that should work Big Grin

my argyles are broken Razz the compression is like stuck on, and even if i turn it off, its still really stiff, what should i do? not wanting to thread steal haha

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 9:01 Quote
I would take it to your lbs and let them deal with it mate

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
The rebound simply changes with the air level. Also if they top out just add a touch more oil.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
antster94 wrote:
Hmm but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about them, mbuk said there great but I've heard a lot of people saying there crap.

Not sure...

the u.s versions are shit and snap
the uk ones are mint
got a mate selling some if you want

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
Right well I have decided that I'm going to get either argyles or pikes as I don't really like the societys Wink

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
get air forks whatever you do
coil and oil suck

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
teamdirtybadger wrote:
get air forks whatever you do
coil and oil suck

Hahahahahahahaha.

No.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
ive run both argyles and pikes and ive currently got a set of xenos on my ns.

the xeno is realy nice fork, the rebound is usefull and you can pump em up to a stupid psi so they are mint for trail riding, but they dont look as good as the argyles.

if you can afford them, get the air argyles, they are the best jump fork out there, but if not look at a set of pikes (coil) as the coil sprung argyles are f*cking wank, you cannot get them anywhere near hard enough for riding a good set of trails.

so.. xenos if your on a budget, argyle 409 if your made of money, or pikes if you want the best of both worlds..

hope that helps.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
andi-social wrote:
ive run both argyles and pikes and ive currently got a set of xenos on my ns.

the xeno is realy nice fork, the rebound is usefull and you can pump em up to a stupid psi so they are mint for trail riding, but they dont look as good as the argyles.

if you can afford them, get the air argyles, they are the best jump fork out there, but if not look at a set of pikes (coil) as the coil sprung argyles are f*cking wank, you cannot get them anywhere near hard enough for riding a good set of trails.

so.. xenos if your on a budget, argyle 409 if your made of money, or pikes if you want the best of both worlds..

hope that helps.

Thanks a lot mate Big Grin

Well I think I'm getting pikes people!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011527
Mobile Version of Website