Trek Scratch
Previous Page |
Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 8:39 Quote
Has anyone seen these?

bigquotesThe Scratch will be set between the Session and the Remedy

Scratch Air 6
Sizes 15.5 17.5 19.5 21.5
Color 1 Gloss White
Frame Alpha Red Aluminum w/ABP, Full Floater, alloy EVO Link, E2 tapered head tube, oversized pivot bearings, ISCG03 mounts, 142×12mm or 135×12mm rear axle, replaceable derailleur hanger, adjustable geometry, 170mm travel
Front Suspension RockShox Lyrik Solo Air w/air spring, rebound, E-2 steerer, 20QR, 170mm travel
Rear Suspension Fox Float RP-2 w/ XV air can, ProPedal, rebound; 8.5″x2.5″
Wheels Bontrager Cousin Earl Disc wheel system, 6 bolt, tubeless ready
Tires Bontrager FR-4, 2.35
Shifters Shimano SLX
Front Derailleur Shimano SLX, Direct Mount
Rear Derailleur Shimano SLX Shadow
Crankset Shimano SLX, 44/32/22
Bottom Bracket
Cassette SRAM PG950 11-34, 9 speed
Pedals
Saddle Bontrager Rhythm
Seat post Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6, 5mm offset
Stem Bontrager Rhythm
Handlebars Bontrager Big Earl, 25mm rise
Grips Bontrager Rhythm Dual Lock On
Headset FSA NO.57E, E-2 , ACB sealed bearings
Brake set Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc
Extras Frame adapters for 135mm rear wheel

Scratch Air 8
Sizes 15.5 17.5 19.5 21.5
Color 1 Gloss Black
Frame Alpha Red Aluminum w/ABP, Full Floater, alloy EVO Link, E2 tapered head tube, oversized pivot bearings, ISCG03 mounts, 142×12mm or 135×12mm rear axle, replaceable derailleur hanger, adjustable geometry, 170mm travel
Front Suspension Fox 36 Talas R w/air spring, lockout, rebound, alloy E2 tapered steerer, 20QR, 170mm travel
Rear Suspension Fox DHX Air 4.0 w/ ProPedal, bottom out resistance, rebound; 8.5″x2.5″
Wheels Bontrager Cousin Earl Pro Disc wheel system, 6 bolt, tubeless ready
Tires Bontrager FR-4, 2.35
Shifters Shimano XT
Front Derailleur Shimano XT, Direct Mount
Rear Derailleur Shimano XT Shadow
Crankset Shimano XT, 44/32/22
Bottom Bracket
Cassette SRAM PG970 11-34, 9 speed
Pedals
Saddle Bontrager Rhythm
Seat post Crank Brothers Joplin w/ height adjustment, 31.6
Stem Bontrager Rhythm
Handlebars Bontrager Big Earl, 25mm rise
Grips Bontrager Rhythm Dual Lock On
Headset FSA NO.57E, E-2 , ACB sealed bearings
Brake set Avid Elixir R Carbon hydraulic disc
Extras Trek fork sag meter, frame adapters for 135mm rear wheel

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bikeblog.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/2010trek_scratch_white.jpg

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
pretty sweet looking, any idea how much they'll cost?

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 11:27 Quote
Holy crap they're nice!!!

Either that or next years enduro!

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
those bikes are sweet, aparently the trek scratch 7 and 9 will be coil versions. anyone know anything about changes to the session 88 for 2010

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 11:49 Quote
whats going onnnn!

either treks managed to get fox to produce a 170mm fox 36, is there a typo?

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
Looking good, but the question is: Are those frames just as weak as the remedy and session?

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
jinx wrote:
Looking good, but the question is: Are those frames just as weak as the remedy and session?
First of all, the Session frame broke after a 50 foot canyon gap, which i doubt you or many people on Pinkbike will be doing, so before you go and say the frame is weak, i will 99% assure you that this one won't break, and even if it does break Trek has good warranties on their frames, so you can probably get it replaced.

How many Trek Sessions have broken exactly(1)? If you can find another one beside his that broke, i will be impressed and maybe convinced that the frame is weak.

And what happened to his bike could happen to anybody's bike, he just got unlucky, and Trek got it even worse because it was highly publicized as a failure on their part, but not many people will be doing jumps that big.

And why do you ask about the Remedy frame? Have you seen one of those busted via biking lately? If so i would love to see a picture of it and a video of how it happened.

So basically redefine your definition of weak to not being able to jump off a 5 foot drop, not a 50 foot gap to flatish/small downslope landing.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
While I agree with you, there are numerous pictures of broken 88's (Muttley's for instance) and someone just posted pics of a cracked Remedy 9. It's the first I've seen of a broken Remedy, but I think many are ridden beyond their classification and are subject to extra forces. Trek seems to realize there is an issue with the 88 and are strengthening them for next year.

Wouldn't mind a try on the Scratch. Been pretty hard on my EX8 and it keeps ticking.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
jinx wrote:
First of all, the Session frame broke after a 50 foot canyon gap, which i doubt you or many people on Pinkbike will be doing, so before you go and say the frame is weak, i will 99% assure you that this one won't break, and even if it does break Trek has good warranties on their frames, so you can probably get it replaced.

How many Trek Sessions have broken exactly(1)? If you can find another one beside his that broke, i will be impressed and maybe convinced that the frame is weak.

And what happened to his bike could happen to anybody's bike, he just got unlucky, and Trek got it even worse because it was highly publicized as a failure on their part, but not many people will be doing jumps that big.

And why do you ask about the Remedy frame? Have you seen one of those busted via biking lately? If so i would love to see a picture of it and a video of how it happened.

So basically redefine your definition of weak to not being able to jump off a 5 foot drop, not a 50 foot gap to flatish/small downslope landing.

I hope that you do understand that any type of frame is able to break or snap.
Besides, I consider the session to be a weak frame since it only takes a few pebbles to dent the frame. And, yes, I've seen broken session frames, 2 of them.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
While I agree with you, there are numerous pictures of broken 88's (Muttley's for instance) and someone just posted pics of a cracked Remedy 9. It's the first I've seen of a broken Remedy, but I think many are ridden beyond their classification and are subject to extra forces. Trek seems to realize there is an issue with the 88 and are strengthening them for next year.

Wouldn't mind a try on the Scratch. Been pretty hard on my EX8 and it keeps ticking.

Feels good to hear.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
jinx wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
jinx wrote:

I hope that you do understand that any type of frame is able to break or snap.
Besides, I consider the session to be a weak frame since it only takes a few pebbles to dent the frame. And, yes, I've seen broken session frames, 2 of them.
Solution. This type of tape can hold a window together after surviving a bomb blast, so i'm pretty confident it can hold together for some freeride/dh

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
Ehhhem! Back to topic!

Awesome =
*a trek frame with iscg!
*170mm fork??
*Coil over shock on fullfloater!
*Pedalable!

Might change out my sx trail for one of these!

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009252
Mobile Version of Website