Trek Scratch

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek Scratch
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 2:50 Quote
Put a Totem on it. Or if you want to race get a DH bike. Like a Session if you're into Treks. Or something else.

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 10:56 Quote
PimpSlayer3000 wrote:
Put a Totem on it. Or if you want to race get a DH bike. Like a Session if you're into Treks. Or something else.

On many tracks, a shorter travel, lighter and more responsive frame will be faster than a full-on DH bike. And a Totem has a higher a2c height than a boxxer. So it's not as bad an idea as you might think.

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 11:12 Quote
smike wrote:
PimpSlayer3000 wrote:

On many tracks, a shorter travel, lighter and more responsive frame will be faster than a full-on DH bike. And a Totem has a higher a2c height than a boxxer. So it's not as bad an idea as you might think.
yeah, maybe some of your tracks out east!

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 11:20 Quote
z-man wrote:
smike wrote:
PimpSlayer3000 wrote:

Definitely our tracks out east, unfortunately. But hey, you gotta ride what you've got, right?

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 11:20 Quote
smike wrote:
z-man wrote:
smike wrote:

Definitely our tracks out east, unfortunately. But hey, you gotta ride what you've got, right?
if you go fast enough on any trail its always fun as shit!

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 11:44 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
cardronapumpandjumptrack wrote:
160mm atm, i want to put fox 40's on it and use it as a race bike but that will void the warranty
Damn, what a bummer, only 160mm. Yeah, that would look real sweet with the 40's or even a Boxxer.

Who gives a fsck what it looks like , you dont run a dual crown because it 'looks cool'.. These bikes lean way towards a single crown fork.

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
i dunno, i think it looks sick with singles or doubles

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
PhoS wrote:
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
Damn, what a bummer, only 160mm. Yeah, that would look real sweet with the 40's or even a Boxxer.

Who gives a fsck what it looks like , you dont run a dual crown because it 'looks cool'.. These bikes lean way towards a single crown fork.
Chill dude! It was just simply a rhetorical kinda statement, that's all. I would never run a fork because it looks good. I run with a fork that serves my needs, and that is a 180mm Solo Air Totem among a few other single crowns. Yes, this bike was designed for a single crown, but if he wants to ride on a dual, then that is his choice, ya know what I am saying bro....Beer

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 14:52 Quote
smike wrote:
PimpSlayer3000 wrote:

Yeah that is true about the more responsive bike on smaller courses. And I didn't know that about the Totem, so thanks for the info. To me it just seems that a Scratch wasn't really made for dual crowns. It kinda kills what the bike was made for: to climb to the top one way or another, and then shred the downhills with confidence and handle bike park riding too. It kinda sucks that earlier someone said that the bike doesn't seem to do either well. So I don't really know.

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 at 18:20 Quote
just got mine tup
around 34 35 pounds Smile

Posted: Mar 20, 2011 at 18:59 Quote
How is the ride sniperbob02? I'm thinking of buying a scratch 8 for riding in North Vancouver.

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 16:37 Quote
clownmitts wrote:
How is the ride sniperbob02? I'm thinking of buying a scratch 8 for riding in North Vancouver.
really great. feels plush and really balance, its really pedalable so really versatyle Smile only down side is the non common rear hub Razz 142/12

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 19:51 Quote
sniperbob02 wrote:
clownmitts wrote:
really great. feels plush and really balance, its really pedalable so really versatyle Smile only down side is the non common rear hub Razz 142/12

Oh man I really want one of these.

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 16:56 Quote
clownmitts wrote:
sniperbob02 wrote:
clownmitts wrote:

Oh man I really want one of these.
yeah Im selling it cuz Im in dept but if it wasnt for that I would be keeping it. its the best bike Ive owned so far. sure I would have upgraded the full thing but right out of the box the bike simply feels right Smile

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 21:34 Quote
BUMP
thread revival hopefully!
I want to see some more of peoples scratches! post em!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015036
Mobile Version of Website