Trek Scratch

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek Scratch
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: May 4, 2011 at 17:23 Quote
carpy95 wrote:
BUMP
thread revival hopefully!
I want to see some more of peoples scratches! post em!
looks like they are pretty rare Razz

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 17:26 Quote
I got one .A scratch air 8 .A word of advice .I had heard about the bikes running small, they do,it may not matter to most people if you are a stand up descender but just so people know.It works ok once I put a setback seatpost on it but if I could do it over I would get a different size.I had to order the bike cause there is no market for them in my area so I made a mistake and ordered the size I usually ride and it is a bit small ,I feel like I have been deceived byTrek on the size issue.I played around local for a few weeks to get used to it and the rebound adjust on the float fork never worked at all.If you let fox fix it it takes a while .Without the rebound adjust Icouldent really attack the downhills ,too sketchy.I am confident that when I get my fork back it will be an awesome ride

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 18:48 Quote
chickendog wrote:
I got one .A scratch air 8 .A word of advice .I had heard about the bikes running small, they do,it may not matter to most people if you are a stand up descender but just so people know.It works ok once I put a setback seatpost on it but if I could do it over I would get a different size.I had to order the bike cause there is no market for them in my area so I made a mistake and ordered the size I usually ride and it is a bit small ,I feel like I have been deceived byTrek on the size issue.I played around local for a few weeks to get used to it and the rebound adjust on the float fork never worked at all.If you let fox fix it it takes a while .Without the rebound adjust Icouldent really attack the downhills ,too sketchy.I am confident that when I get my fork back it will be an awesome ride
you have not been deceived at all. all it takes is a look at the geo on their website it clearly says the ACTUAL size of a 17.5 is 16.3 or 17.7 for the 19.5 and so on. there is no deceiving. although i do think that instead of using numbers as their sizing they should have used sm, m, l, and xl

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 19:15 Quote
C'mon! someone has to have one! with a pic!

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 7:41 Quote
on the size issue.You are absolutely correct,it was very naive of me to assume that just because medium fit before that it would fit now,that is just crazy.I need to get a pic and post it ,the bike jumps great and it really is a good climber

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 22:12 Quote
chickendog wrote:
on the size issue.You are absolutely correct,it was very naive of me to assume that just because medium fit before that it would fit now,that is just crazy.I need to get a pic and post it ,the bike jumps great and it really is a good climber

sorry if it felt like i was ragging on you, no harm was meant. i assume the bike will climb great on non technical fire road/double track climbs but have you tried any technical xc single track climbing on it? I just ordered a scratch coil 8 so i won't be using it for xc mainly obviously but i do enjoy a good leg burning single track rip every once in a while. hopefully hopefully it climbs better than my bottle rocket did but the slacker head angle does make me worry a bit.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 22:14 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
chickendog wrote:
on the size issue.You are absolutely correct,it was very naive of me to assume that just because medium fit before that it would fit now,that is just crazy.I need to get a pic and post it ,the bike jumps great and it really is a good climber

sorry if it felt like i was ragging on you, no harm was meant. i assume the bike will climb great on non technical fire road/double track climbs but have you tried any technical xc single track climbing on it? I just ordered a scratch coil 8 so i won't be using it for xc mainly obviously but i do enjoy a good leg burning single track rip every once in a while. hopefully hopefully it climbs better than my bottle rocket did but the slacker head angle does make me worry a bit.
the suspension design should also make it more pedalable than your BR

Posted: May 6, 2011 at 7:54 Quote
I also own a fisher roscoe,5.5 travel ,30lbs,My point being that I have been riding a heavy trail bike for a while so I am kinda used to it.I am no super climber but the scratch does good on the semi-techy climbs ,you spend alot of time in granny gear cause of the weight so you will dab more than usual,,If someone just wants to get to the top they wont be dissapointed

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 20:49 Quote
Posting my almost new Scratch 9, Traded my Canon 5dMkII rig for it straight up. I've ridden it several times now and im absolutely in love

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016154
Mobile Version of Website