Trek Scratch

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek Scratch
Posted: Oct 26, 2010 at 23:11 Quote
If you have the cash to drop on a Scratch, and want to have a bike that would be good for rough DH that is in a similar class, check out a bike with an initially rearward axle path. Like the Marin Quake:
photo

Edit: it seems you have already bought one. But my post still stands.

However, don't worry about the Scratch. You will have an amazing time riding it.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 19:17 Quote
With the scratch do you think I would be wishing for more travel up at whistler. I would have the chainguide and change the compents to wider bar and stronger stem and the bar would have less rise. Would I feel out of place at most runs on whistler?

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 20:12 Quote
brandon22111 wrote:
With the scratch do you think I would be wishing for more travel up at whistler. I would have the chainguide and change the compents to wider bar and stronger stem and the bar would have less rise. Would I feel out of place at most runs on whistler?

You've kind of asked the same question 4 times and people have answered you. So to answer you again, no, your Scratch won't feel out of place at Whistler, and 7" of travel is more than enough for anything that Whistler can throw at you. The Scratch is a park bike, and well, Whistler is a bike park.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 20:14 Quote
People did not fully answer just partially answered. However, you have. Thank you
Also I looked at your bike, where did you get your blue spokes from?

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 20:26 Quote
brandon22111 wrote:
People did not fully answer just partially answered. However, you have. Thank you
Also I looked at your bike, where did you get your blue spokes from?

No problem. You will enjoy the Scratch at Whistler.

The blue spokes are Industry9 spokes, so they only work with Industry9 hubs. Any I9 dealer will carry the blue colour.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 at 20:28 Quote
I had a feeling they were industry9. So sick but definitely out of my budget for now lol. I am thinking on getting Azonic Outlaw Wheels though so that will get some blue in there

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 23:13 Quote
I bought the Outlaws and put them on my Turner DHR in 2005. I'm not sure if they have changed the Outlaw design but they were the WORST wheels I ever bought. The free-body (Cassette) on the rear wheel would stick and ghost pedal; it was the most annoying thing in the world. I replaced them 2 weeks after getting them in the mail.

Posted: Oct 30, 2010 at 0:42 Quote
dirtworks911 wrote:
I bought the Outlaws and put them on my Turner DHR in 2005. I'm not sure if they have changed the Outlaw design but they were the WORST wheels I ever bought. The free-body (Cassette) on the rear wheel would stick and ghost pedal; it was the most annoying thing in the world. I replaced them 2 weeks after getting them in the mail.

What Year did you get?

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 at 13:20 Quote
i have one great bike
photo

Posted: Dec 18, 2010 at 9:52 Quote
how much does a trek sctrach air 9 weigh?

Posted: Dec 21, 2010 at 9:24 Quote
I'm not so sure on the scratch personally, It not here nor there, it's not very easy to get up hills and the geometry isn't aggressive enough to be decent on the way back down. That being said it's still early days for me with mine, I have changed the pedals over from clips to flats and hopefully it will come to life, but atm it just seems a bit dead when riding it, the bike i had before the scratch (ironhorse sunday) was great, lively, flickable and fast but the trek seems lifeless there is no "feel" to the bike, but as i say its still early days for me with it
photo

Posted: Dec 21, 2010 at 10:03 Quote
cardronapumpandjumptrack wrote:
I'm not so sure on the scratch personally, It not here nor there, it's not very easy to get up hills and the geometry isn't aggressive enough to be decent on the way back down. That being said it's still early days for me with mine, I have changed the pedals over from clips to flats and hopefully it will come to life, but atm it just seems a bit dead when riding it, the bike i had before the scratch (ironhorse sunday) was great, lively, flickable and fast but the trek seems lifeless there is no "feel" to the bike, but as i say its still early days for me with it
photo
Sexy bike bro! What is the travel on that fork...180mm?

Posted: Dec 21, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
photo
Sexy bike bro! What is the travel on that fork...180mm?

160mm atm, i want to put fox 40's on it and use it as a race bike but that will void the warranty

Posted: Dec 21, 2010 at 10:59 Quote
160mm atm, i want to put fox 40's on it and use it as a race bike but that will void the warranty
Damn, what a bummer, only 160mm. Yeah, that would look real sweet with the 40's or even a Boxxer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.047869
Mobile Version of Website