How to lower your Fox Float 32 the GHETTO no-special-tools, or spacers method!

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How to lower your Fox Float 32 the GHETTO no-special-tools, or spacers method!
Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 4:34 Quote
honestly I don't think you're going to notice +/-10mm, just stick it at 100

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 12:22 Quote
jordanneedsafork wrote:
could i do this same kinda thing with a 2013 36 van?

well you can do it if you upgrade it to float or if you get the right springs for 100mm of travel...

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
AljazL wrote:
jordanneedsafork wrote:
could i do this same kinda thing with a 2013 36 van?

well you can do it if you upgrade it to float or if you get the right springs for 100mm of travel...

yeah the spring problem i have already found out how to solve. trim the spring down, flatten off the end so it is flat, voila.
(upgrade such blasphemy, coil forks are smoother and require less maintenance Razz )

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 13:41 Quote
Oops, didn't see it was a van. I think there probably isn't a bit where you can move the pin. Pop them open and check

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 14:02 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Oops, didn't see it was a van. I think there probably isn't a bit where you can move the pin. Pop them open and check

if not then just a huge spacer will do the trick

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 14:06 Quote
they don't make any spacers for the van but they do for float and talas. would slamming a few of them in do the trick? i guess they take the same kind of force that a coil would cause they have to support the same kinds of loads for the suspension to work effectively?

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 20:50 Quote
Does anyone know where to find the plastic stopper that the pin goes through? I pulled my forks apart and found it broken

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 at 2:51 Quote
[Quote="rbod]Does anyone know where to find the plastic stopper that the pin goes through? I pulled my forks apart and found it broken[/Quote]

mojo suspension if you are in the uk

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 15:26 Quote
me again. lowering my 36 van worked fine but i needed spacers and to cut the spring! (pretty ghetto) now i have gone and ghetto lowered my new fox float 32 (with Marz dj1 lowers, I call it the foxzocchi DJ32) but im getting a load of top out... can anyone help me with this matter please?

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 15:48 Quote
Marzocchi internals or fox? On the spring side

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 16:57 Quote
fox internals on both sides. the lowers are the only marzo bits

Posted: Apr 16, 2017 at 3:46 Quote
Proved damn useful thanks for doing this guide!!

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 5:24 Quote
Just lowered a 2012 Fox 32 Float RLC (26" 150mm Travel).

The airshaft popped right up out the top without disassembling the fork. I had trouble at first because I thought I didn't have a long enough screwdriver, but you can just compress the forks to shorten the distance haha.

My air shaft had the stock 150mm pinned location and one additional pin hole location at 140mm.

Fox no longer sells the travel adjust spacers for this model fork so I ordered the Rockshox all travel spacers which don't have a cut out. I used a dremel and cut a slot into the spacers so they look just like the Fox ones. The shaft diameter is the same.

Lowered my forks down to 100mm from 150mm for my Specialized P.Slope.

Other notes:
Looks like Fox no longer makes the green Fox 10wt oil so I looked up a fork oil cst chart and it showed Maxima 10wt fork oil was pretty close to the same. So I used that for both the air and damper side (decided to just do a lower leg oil change anyway since I was doing the air side). Fork feels super supple now! I have to figure out air pressure for a DJ setup. Right now I have the compression set to max and rebound in the middle. Running about 125 PSI for like 8% sag. Might try to increase that more as I'm still able to compress the fork a good amount just jumping around in the driveway. Time will tell when I start hitting the jumps with it.

Thanks for the write up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029316
Mobile Version of Website