Major chain tug problem!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Major chain tug problem!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
Hey i just bought new DMR chaintugs and my chain rubs up against the peice that goes against the back of the dropout! Does anyone have an idea on how i could fix this????

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
Put the tugs on the outside on the dropout? Confused

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
MattJ92 wrote:
Put the tugs on the outside on the dropout? Confused
what do you mean? they can only go in one place???

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
Are you running a halflink in your chain? By doing so, youd be able to run the axle closer to "slammed" and it would move the cog away from the tensioner.

If you are running a halflink, you need to remove a link if you can, or go to a microdrive setup.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 5:45 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Are you running a halflink in your chain? By doing so, youd be able to run the axle closer to "slammed" and it would move the cog away from the tensioner.

If you are running a halflink, you need to remove a link if you can, or go to a microdrive setup.

im running a kmc chain i think and my drive ratio is 26t front and 12t rear

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 at 12:35 Quote
mr-stuff wrote:
Hey i just bought new DMR chaintugs and my chain rubs up against the peice that goes against the back of the dropout! Does anyone have an idea on how i could fix this????

Thanks!

Did you get anywhere with this? I've got pretty much the same problem, except the bit that goes against the back of my dropouts is touching the freehub body Frown

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009580
Mobile Version of Website