Help build a bike.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help build a bike.
Previous Page |
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
Hey everyone. i am thinking of building a bike so i was just wondering if you had any good part deals. internet sites or anything. I want a light ( around 23-26lb) street/ dirt jumper hardtail and colors or brands im not picky about. i just don't want it to be too expensive or if i should just buy a complete.
any opinions would be appreciated.
hopefully i can get something. i wanna move to a 26 er.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 18:37 Quote
Price Range would help

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
kylespringman wrote:
Price Range would help
well probably around $1600 to 2000$ less expensive is better for me. im on a tight budget. just bought a truck so that set me back a bit.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
well all i can say is get the ns traffic

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
dsands7 wrote:
This. Look for used frames and parts, that'll help a lot.

NS Traffic/similar frame
Argyle 318 (or rigid perhaps?)
Transition Revolution wheels (Respectably priced for a full wheelset, at least around here)
Diety bar/stem
BB5s

That covers most of it. If you shop around and go used, you should be able to get all that for around $1200, at a very rough estimate. Throw in the other small parts and taxes and stuff and you're looking at sub-$1500. Have fun dude.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 21:30 Quote
blkmrkt frame and start from there. mine is 30lbs

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 0:09 Quote
shredded wrote:
dsands7 wrote:
This. Look for used frames and parts, that'll help a lot.

NS Traffic/similar frame
Argyle 318 (or rigid perhaps?)
Transition Revolution wheels (Respectably priced for a full wheelset, at least around here)
Diety bar/stem
BB5s

That covers most of it. If you shop around and go used, you should be able to get all that for around $1200, at a very rough estimate. Throw in the other small parts and taxes and stuff and you're looking at sub-$1500. Have fun dude.

Thats sweet most of it will probably be used and i was looking for a hardtail. i like a little cushion. and those rims are super sick anyways so yeah.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 0:52 Quote
any brake suggestions? and i don't know much about headsets and bb's so i could use help.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 0:55 Quote
and that ns traffic is amazing. anyone have or know of someone that has one for sale?

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 5:57 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
any brake suggestions? and i don't know much about headsets and bb's so i could use help.
BB5s are brakes. New they're decently priced at around $100 per wheel, but I've seen used sets (F/R) for like, $70. And I'm probably confusing it with another NS frame, but doesn't the Traffic have an integrated headset? As for BBs, they're all basically the same. So long as you have ones that fit your cranks, it won't matter.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
okay sweet. and the ns traffic is very nice.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
anyone have any good deals you know of? and im looking for schwable table top tires also. i might have some forks and maybe a frame.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
I dont know about deals but i could give u a good idea of parts that r lite...
Check out ride-this.com oh and if u r looking a a full bike i bought my eastern night train 26" of him and i talked him down 100$ BUT I GOT TAXED on it huge... 350$ of taxes because i imported it from the US

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:09 Quote
yeah thats a sick store. i just want it to be less expensive. but a few new parts would be nice. =D ill see what happens and what about these forks: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/503485/ any opinions?

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
yeah thats a sick store. i just want it to be less expensive. but a few new parts would be nice. =D ill see what happens and what about these forks: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/503485/ any opinions?
They look nice but idk the weight of them but if u r looking for light forks and strong go for fox... But maybe pricey though... And or argyle... thats my opinion..

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012600
Mobile Version of Website