Help build a bike.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help build a bike.
Author Message
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
cr33py wrote:
rippin-it-up wrote:
yeah thats a sick store. i just want it to be less expensive. but a few new parts would be nice. =D ill see what happens and what about these forks: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/503485/ any opinions?
They look nice but idk the weight of them but if u r looking for light forks and strong go for fox... But maybe pricey though...
yeah thats what i was thinking but ill look around. any other fork suggestions?

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:14 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
cr33py wrote:
rippin-it-up wrote:
yeah thats a sick store. i just want it to be less expensive. but a few new parts would be nice. =D ill see what happens and what about these forks: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/503485/ any opinions?
They look nice but idk the weight of them but if u r looking for light forks and strong go for fox... But maybe pricey though...
yeah thats what i was thinking but ill look around. any other fork suggestions?
Argyle 318 or 409 not a big fan of the 302s

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
oh also the rims r one of the big things that weigh down a bike...
Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!
check it out

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
I'd get the pre built wheel set off of ride-this the red azonic one it's pretty sick

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
hey man i got a 2006 devinci chamalion for sale 600 bucks and its yours its got riser bars decent brakes an e*13 LG1 chainguide and gravity cranks amazing on the jumps also just got a new wheel set. only part that you might want to upgrage is the fork i have a Marazochi COMP works great but its not considered top of the line... all in all a great deal for 600$

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
bottlerocket96 wrote:
hey man i got a 2006 devinci chamalion for sale 600 bucks and its yours its got riser bars decent brakes an e*13 LG1 chainguide and gravity cranks amazing on the jumps also just got a new wheel set. only part that you might want to upgrage is the fork i have a Marazochi COMP works great but its not considered top of the line... all in all a great deal for 600$
sorry not quite the bike im looking for

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
cr33py wrote:
oh also the rims r one of the big things that weigh down a bike...
Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!
check it out
yeah ill use that and i was thinking the revolution 32 rims or are those heavy? and argyles are definately nice forks but i was looking at manitous because i like foot jams and the bridge on the back is nice. or is it easy to do foot jams on argyles? ive never rode them before.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
cr33py wrote:
oh also the rims r one of the big things that weigh down a bike...
Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!
check it out
yeah ill use that and i was thinking the revolution 32 rims or are those heavy? and argyles are definately nice forks but i was looking at manitous because i like foot jams and the bridge on the back is nice. or is it easy to do foot jams on argyles? ive never rode them before.
umm idk anything about the revolution but i hear they r good... but anyway another one to look at is spank rims or atomlab pimplites

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
revolution rims are the absolut best rims on the market at only 350 for a complete wheelset they are unbeatable for freestyle and slopesyle, dj and street their also good but idk if thiers better ones cause i dont ride street or dj

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
cr33py wrote:
rippin-it-up wrote:
yeah thats a sick store. i just want it to be less expensive. but a few new parts would be nice. =D ill see what happens and what about these forks: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/503485/ any opinions?
They look nice but idk the weight of them but if u r looking for light forks and strong go for fox... But maybe pricey though...
yeah thats what i was thinking but ill look around. any other fork suggestions?


visit our website, we can get parts like profile,fox,marozcchi and it not expensive either!

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
catapultbikes wrote:
rippin-it-up wrote:
cr33py wrote:
They look nice but idk the weight of them but if u r looking for light forks and strong go for fox... But maybe pricey though...
yeah thats what i was thinking but ill look around. any other fork suggestions?


visit our website, we can get parts like profile,fox,marozcchi and it not expensive either!
definately going to do that. thanks for all the help. keep it coming

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 16:27 Quote
Oh and Deity components are very good i hear..

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
alright so i was thinking something like:
Bars?? not sure maybe blk mrkt
stem bmx something
brake bb5
frame blk mrkt riot/ ns suburban or traffic
wheelset revolution 32
tires schwable table tops
fork argyle or manitou possibly fox if i can find a deal
cranks profile
macneil seat/ post
odyssey plastic pedals
any sprocket that looks nice
bb???
headset??
that about covers it

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
alright so i was thinking something like:
Bars?? not sure maybe blk mrkt
stem bmx something
brake bb5
frame blk mrkt riot/ ns suburban or traffic
wheelset revolution 32
tires schwable table tops
fork argyle or manitou possibly fox if i can find a deal
cranks profile
macneil seat/ post
odyssey plastic pedals
any sprocket that looks nice
bb???
headset??
that about covers it
For bars look at Deity components they make good ones..
And i would get the NS

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 16:55 Quote
cr33py wrote:
rippin-it-up wrote:
alright so i was thinking something like:
Bars?? not sure maybe blk mrkt
stem bmx something
brake bb5
frame blk mrkt riot/ ns suburban or traffic
wheelset revolution 32
tires schwable table tops
fork argyle or manitou possibly fox if i can find a deal
cranks profile
macneil seat/ post
odyssey plastic pedals
any sprocket that looks nice
bb???
headset??
that about covers it
For bars look at Deity components they make good ones..
And i would get the NS
alright. know anywhere i can get the ns cheap? and bars?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009540
Mobile Version of Website