does anyone ride alone these day

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
does anyone ride alone these day
Author Message
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:35 Quote
ya i ride alone pretty much now, i used to ride with this guy on my street who was better then me, but then slowly i started getting better then him, and now when we go to like hardwood hills (bike park near me) i kill him and finish way before him and its just no fun so i just stick with myself.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:37 Quote
i'll ride alone some days when people think it's to cold our or if i'm just trying flatland stuff. Most of the time i ride with other people

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:39 Quote
I usaly dig by myself but ride with others.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:39 Quote
Beyea wrote:
i'll ride alone some days when people think it's to cold our or if i'm just trying flatland stuff. Most of the time i ride with other people

Yo what frame is that in you picture?

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:40 Quote
Beyea wrote:
i'll ride alone some days when people think it's to cold our or if i'm just trying flatland stuff. Most of the time i ride with other people

same here

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:42 Quote
my only jumps are quite far away nd i get bored riding by myself quite fast so its along way home

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:43 Quote
I ride alone all the time. But if I head down to the skatepark I always see someone I know and shred with them for a bit.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:46 Quote
im going have to say i ride alone about 50% of the time. i like getting my iPod and riding one of the knarliest trails around to get rid of my anger. but when im with a group were usually riding sreet or jumps.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:51 Quote
Have you people that ride on your own thought about going to your LBS and just chatting with the staff, I work in a bike shop and we go for staff rides about once a month. were going to start doing rides with our custermers. IM sure your LBS staff go for rides all the time mabey you could tag along?
If any lone riders are in the bristol area just message me.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:55 Quote
lewis50000l wrote:
Have you people that ride on your own thought about going to your LBS and just chatting with the staff, I work in a bike shop and we go for staff rides about once a month. were going to start doing rides with our custermers. IM sure your LBS staff go for rides all the time mabey you could tag along?
If any lone riders are in the bristol area just message me.

we do rides every wednesday, we leave the shop with customers included at 6pm and go ride for about 2 hours on the local trails. after that we comfort everybody to free food and drinks

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:08 Quote
ustienny wrote:
Theres a thread in this same forum talking about lone riders (IE people who ride by themselves.) Seriously, is it really that hard to look?

Mmmm, give up dude, no matter how many times you say it. Tehing is, with the sheer volume of people on here, and how fast threads go to the bottom of the list, it's no real surprise...

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:13 Quote
yea man i know how you feel..my friends are either smoking pot or trying to get chicks and when i ask them to ride they complain about there bike being broke and dont learn how to fix it on there own and take it to the LBS that take 2 weeks to fix it..well throw some music on and get pumped..i try to learn a new trick everytime i ride..if you need some hints on good biking music message me

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:14 Quote
MadMike2007 wrote:
ustienny wrote:
Theres a thread in this same forum talking about lone riders (IE people who ride by themselves.) Seriously, is it really that hard to look?

Mmmm, give up dude, no matter how many times you say it. Tehing is, with the sheer volume of people on here, and how fast threads go to the bottom of the list, it's no real surprise...

Thinking again this thread is more Slopestyle biased, as it is in that area...

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:21 Quote
20 miles outside of london. why?

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:34 Quote
yup, i ride all the time on my own. my biking friends have slowly dropped out of the sport from injuries and loss of interest.

now i just meet new people on the trails and djs and just start riding with them.

what sucks though, is that cause i had so little biking friends, i had to progress and learn new tricks and dirt jumps on my own. i don't want to sound cocky or full of myself or anything, but just none of my friends could do 180s, or no footers, or x-ups, stalls, or w/e and so now i had to teach myself how to do all those things myself, cause no one else who frequently went down to the jumps could do them. now i can do all that, and now i teach my friends and random people how to do it, which is cool.

Now i'm trying to learn no foot cans, and the only few people i know that can do nfc's don't ride anymore cause its to cold. i guess i'm on my own again.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005645
Mobile Version of Website