does anyone ride alone these day

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
does anyone ride alone these day
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:41 Quote
i was going to go ride alone today, but i woke up and it was snowing....hard. i'm kinda half happy for the snow and half pissed b/c my bike season is over.Cry

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:42 Quote
jedi1 wrote:
20 miles outside of london. why?

well isnt their loads of people who ride near london??

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:53 Quote
yeah, whats your point??

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 16:18 Quote
ive ask that question because my only friend that bikes work all the time, spend time with is girlfriend, stuff like that and i dont say its bad but it kinda sucks , usually i ride dh and freeride alone i feel like here in eastern ontario that mtb isnt as popular as any other places in canada, sorry if its sound like im complaining but i just want to ride with people and have fun.Mad

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 16:22 Quote
I ride by myself damn near everytime. If I don't, its because I met some random stranger and they were down to ride with me. I feel for the lone wolf riders out there. I love riding, but it sucks to ride alone all the time. I have no one to try to keep up with, no one to follow lines, no inspiration, no one to inspire myself. Sorry to bitch but i've been getting pissed off at the situation. I know what some of you will say, "well then find people to ride with." That does make sense, but not always that easy.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 16:48 Quote
i feel the same thing, sometimes it f**ck up my date because i cant find anyone to shred with

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 16:54 Quote
another problem is that around theres no bloody mountain, u want to ride a long dh trail u have to drive a least an hour to find one that why i build stuff to ride because there nothing else to ride, but it fun to know that other people are stuck in this freaking same situation as me im not aloneSmile

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 0:27 Quote
fluder wrote:
yup, i ride all the time on my own. my biking friends have slowly dropped out of the sport from injuries and loss of interest.

now i just meet new people on the trails and djs and just start riding with them.

what sucks though, is that cause i had so little biking friends, i had to progress and learn new tricks and dirt jumps on my own. i don't want to sound cocky or full of myself or anything, but just none of my friends could do 180s, or no footers, or x-ups, stalls, or w/e and so now i had to teach myself how to do all those things myself, cause no one else who frequently went down to the jumps could do them. now i can do all that, and now i teach my friends and random people how to do it, which is cool.

Now i'm trying to learn no foot cans, and the only few people i know that can do nfc's don't ride anymore cause its to cold. i guess i'm on my own again.

i know exactly what u mean, i also don't mean to sound cocky but i was always better than all my riding friends so i had to teach myself pretty much everything. it sux but u get used to it after a while

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 1:37 Quote
Sometimes I go for a lonsome ride in the Bikepark, but most times I find some stranger to ride with.
Riding together seems a little more safe for me especially when riding Trails outside a Bikepark.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:32 Quote
djurbanns wrote:
yea man i know how you feel..my friends are either smoking pot or trying to get chicks and when i ask them to ride they complain about there bike being broke and dont learn how to fix it on there own and take it to the LBS that take 2 weeks to fix it..well throw some music on and get pumped..i try to learn a new trick everytime i ride..if you need some hints on good biking music message me

maybe you should go f*ck yourself midg peice of shit

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 20:50 Quote
djurbanns wrote:
yea man i know how you feel..my friends are either smoking pot or trying to get chicks and when i ask them to ride they complain about there bike being broke and dont learn how to fix it on there own and take it to the LBS that take 2 weeks to fix it..well throw some music on and get pumped..i try to learn a new trick everytime i ride..if you need some hints on good biking music message me

"the man" wow, you ghey shhit head. it sucks that you cant ride when your bike is outta comission...only you could successfully do that right?
weaksauce you bitch@ss

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:27 Quote
I dont have any friends that ride freeride...they ride street and DJ's so i go along all the time and i have to say, it helps your control and style...but i have a cousin that rides freeride but he's like 4/5 years older than me but i keep up, so when i go freeriding, i get stoked to the max

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 21:01 Quote
bigquotesI ride alone all the time du to the fact that there is not anybody i know to ride with. They all ride sleds and quads. The alternative is to not ride at all and i do not think i can deal with that, do you..........?

I have this exact same problem. all my friends though i was nuts spending a couple of grand on a pedal bike, although i do have a quad and enjoy it too. But besides that, my one friend that does bike is a farm boy who doesnt have time usually, and the nearest decent downhill trails are a good hour away. pain in the ass if you ask me

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 at 21:22 Quote
yeah i ride alone, cant be bothered hurrying or waiting for anyone. like trying hills and trails over and over again if i like em. dont like being on other peoples schedules as i got a pretty easy life. not enough wanna just ride.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 1:15 Quote
i ride alone when i can get the chance toBook . moved like 40 miles from my home to go to school and dont know anyone up here to ride with Blank Stare . and when i do come home, all my former riding buddies are busy with school work or lazy/too cold/broken bike/fat and lazy. ugh so annoying

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014137
Mobile Version of Website