Down-Hill Training Programe - 6-8 week

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Down-Hill Training Programe - 6-8 week
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
Hello

I am currently in the process of designing a training program for my downhill mountain biking, has any got one or is using one atm? I would like to see peoples advice, and maybe some stuff that you guys do.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
Row.

Core/stability muscles are very important, more so than any other. Lateral flexion exercises are also very helpful. Lots of messy sideways twists and cross-body crunches are also really helpful, to make sure the obliques are nice and strong.... Just a heads up not to reject the core and focus too much on arms/legs, as it's the most important bit of all.

Not much of a program, but merely pointers....

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 1:48 Quote
Here's my work out from wat i remember of the top of my head
10 lb. Medicine Ball sit ups 2 sets of 30 reps 1 set of 40 reps
balance ball twist crunches 100-200
Lunges 70lbs.
Wall Sits 3 sets of As 90-180 sec. (depends on if i did cardio)
Shoulder Press 35lbs. 3 sets 10 reps each
Dumb bell curl 30lbs. 3 sets 10 reps each
reverse curl 45lbs. 3 sets 15 reps each
squats 75-115lbs. 3 sets 15-25 reps each (depends on weight and if i did cardio that day)
Bench Press 115lbs 3 sets 10 reps each
Cardio 10-15 min running on treadmill
Seated Row 90 lb. 3 sets 11 reps each
Pullups as many as i can muster at the end of my work out
I was doing wrist curls but i injured the right one riding

I do this twice a week in a 90 minute weight lifting class. And remember u gotta figure out were ur at with ur capacity its taken me 5 weeks to get to this point and im just getting to were i can go ride the next day. Razz

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 17:35 Quote
rippedsuperhero wrote:
I was doing wrist curls but i injured the right one riding
Razz
Enlighten me about wrist curls

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
I have more of a general fitness training program, but i leaned it more towards hockey and bike training i can scan and send you a copy.

Posted: Nov 9, 2009 at 12:28 Quote
also, Wrist curls really arent needed. any workout like a pulling or lifting will increase your grip strength and forearm strength.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Row.

Core/stability muscles are very important, more so than any other. Lateral flexion exercises are also very helpful. Lots of messy sideways twists and cross-body crunches are also really helpful, to make sure the obliques are nice and strong.... Just a heads up not to reject the core and focus too much on arms/legs, as it's the most important bit of all.

what does a rowing workout do?

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
dutchster wrote:
harriieee wrote:
Row.

what does a rowing workout do?

Rowing works your Lats in the back. If you do them correctly, Or if you are using the row machines (cardio) they will give you your cardio training.

For balance the key stuff to work are, Hip Flexors, Back (lower and upper) and core.

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 at 4:18 Quote
mainly try and ride everyday for about 40 mins (cardio) and DH once or twice a week, and one or two street sesh's thrown in. Gym 2-3 times a week (weights). and i play squash once a week. obviously if theres bloody snow everywhere than riding might be a bit limited
also i heard hat core exercises where you move your core arent that good for a mtber seeing as is teaches your body to move when 'when it shouldnt'? apparently more static exercises are better becuase they teach you to keep you core balanced? not too sure bout that though cause pro's workout programs invlove alot of compound exercises?

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
Deavilish wrote:
mainly try and ride everyday for about 40 mins (cardio) and DH once or twice a week, and one or two street sesh's thrown in. Gym 2-3 times a week (weights). and i play squash once a week. obviously if theres bloody snow everywhere than riding might be a bit limited
also i heard hat core exercises where you move your core arent that good for a mtber seeing as is teaches your body to move when 'when it shouldnt'? apparently more static exercises are better becuase they teach you to keep you core balanced? not too sure bout that though cause pro's workout programs invlove alot of compound exercises?

Core strength provides balance and stability.
If there is one pro circut DH racer or XC racer that when they train doesn't work their core i would be surprised.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
Google WS4SB3. Eat lots. Eat clean. Ride your bike. Sorted!

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 at 9:34 Quote
I train with kettlebells mon-wed-fri and swim tue-wed, works really well.
I can really recommend workout with kettlebells.
Wish it was summer though so i could ride my bike.

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 at 10:19 Quote
shakes wrote:
I train with kettlebells mon-wed-fri and swim tue-wed, works really well.
I can really recommend workout with kettlebells.
Wish it was summer though so i could ride my bike.

Kettle bells are the shit mate, we train with them on a friday and i can bearly walk all weekend.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008648
Mobile Version of Website