strokers

PB Forum :: Other
strokers
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
hey guys do any of you have hayes stroker trails? i just got one for my brodie cretin. i was just wondering if your and god luck with thim and are they good? thanks comment please.

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
they are good brakes, i like them the only thing im gonna hate on is how thin the leavers are, they just dont feel right, but thats just my opinion

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:24 Quote
hey, my buddy has them on his rampage, personally i like juicies better, they have nicer feel and more power i think( i run juicy 5)

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:24 Quote
my friend has them i cant stand the levers becasue they feel very flexy but they are incedobly powerful. But then again i have only ridden them on a skatepark orientated hard tail. For dj and skatepark they seem to be preety solid but for downhill i dont know but you can search the pinkbike archives becasue they did a reveiw on them last month i think. The guy named SKINNA has them so you could pm him if you had any questions on the brake.(hes had them about a month)

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:27 Quote
hayes forgot some thing avid has held dear. the "safty pop" a little invention that can save you alot of money. if that washer goes your lever will pop in and out on a hayes and if u pop it in wrong your brake needs to be replaced avid elimentaded to washe sor it can not be ripped out on a fall i have learned this from experiance.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:29 Quote
I haven't ridden them, but they feel in my hands. It just feels like im having to stretch my whole hand out. 1-2 finger just doesn't feel comfortable

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:35 Quote
I have demoed them and they felt powerful. The lever is a little long but it's adjustable so you can bring it in closer. The only thing i don't like is that the brake lever has a brake off safety feature where if you crash it brakes off. Saving the other part but then you have to buy a new lever. It is just weaker than a normal lever because it's designed to break off.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:35 Quote
kicksnlicks wrote:
I haven't ridden them, but they feel in my hands. It just feels like im having to stretch my whole hand out. 1-2 finger just doesn't feel comfortable
they are nice for people with big hands im debating getting one for my street ride anyones opiniopn for street, strokers over a juicy seven?

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:37 Quote
i love mine so much the olny problem is that i belive mine have the little problem with them that makes them rebound back out slower but there is a kit for this. but ill live the power is crazy i have a set of mags on my dh bike and the trail kills it. the modulation is so crazy ive tried juicys and shimano and this takes the cake i hope that helped i use mine for street and dj

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:37 Quote
freerideguy1 wrote:
kicksnlicks wrote:
they are nice for people with big hands im debating getting one for my street ride anyones opiniopn for street, strokers over a juicy seven?
get the juicy thank me later

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 7:39 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
freerideguy1 wrote:
kicksnlicks wrote:
get the juicy thank me later
yeah, i would go with the juicy hayes just cant compete with avid

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
i have stroker trail and the lever scratches my middle finger when i only put my pointing finger on the lever but i still like it

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011524
Mobile Version of Website