Banshee Legend Vs Evil Revolt?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Banshee Legend Vs Evil Revolt?
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Just so the groms know what we are talking about...
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.freeflowbikes.com/ekmps/shops/freeflowbikes/images/evil-revolt-dh-6017-p.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bikekatalog.pl/2009/ppg_fotki/foto_big/8_44205_17_01_09.jpg
OK. Now.
The revolt is basically just a single pivot with a cool linkage.
The legend is, well, a vpp bike.
Both come with an rc4 option I believe. Legend is available with a double barrel last I heard. And I seem to remember someone saying the revolts can be hooked up with a vivid from the factory. Don't quote me on this though.
Legend is locked in at 64deg HTA, revolt is adjustable from 64-66deg.
Revolt is slightly shorter than the legend and comes in one more size, but at the same time it has a slightly larger TT which will make the cockpit seem bigger.

edit: correction, legend comes with CC double barrel, or DHX5

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 7:55 Quote
i found that the revolt would be to expensive so i don't going to buy that so i will stick with the legend mk2 when it comes out next season

Ive built a little spec list

Frame: Banshee Legend.
Fork: 2010 RS Boxxer Team og Race
Brakes: Hope Tech M4?, Avid Elixir CR?, Hayes Stroker Ace? or Shimano Saint?
Stem: Da Bomb Crown Stem Boxxer
Bar: Easton EA70 mid rise, Answer Protaper, Easton Havoc or Race Face Atlas Fr
Cranks: Shimano saint or RaceFace Atlas
Chainring: 34T?
Deraillur: Shimano Saint or X.9
Gearshifter: Saint or X.9
Seatpost: Thomson Elite inline
Seat: Something slim and light
Wheels: Transition revolution or Somthing custom.

Please tell me if there is anything that is better or cheaper and this is not final list, will buy it next season Smile

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 8:41 Quote
ha ha, I love it when a 14yr old makes a 'what bike shall I get?' thread and everyone wastes their time trying to help them when they've no chance of ever affording the parts they want - the key give away's here are the 'DaBomb' stem and 'Transition wheels' on such a high end frame - ridiculous choice!Rolleyes

I can't imagine there's much dh trails in Iceland either tbh - Maybe some freeride!

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
ha ha, I love it when a 14yr old makes a 'what bike shall I get?' thread and everyone wastes their time trying to help them when they've no chance of ever affording the parts they want - the key give away's here are the 'DaBomb' stem and 'Transition wheels' on such a high end frame - ridiculous choice!Rolleyes

And he has also never ridden Dh apparently so he is getting a top of the line frame with pretty decent kit for his first bike Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
The revolt is basically just a single pivot with a cool linkage.

You could call a lot of things a single pivot with a cool linkage. That's not exactly the most accurate description of it I've heard.

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

And he has also never ridden Dh apparently so he is getting a top of the line frame with pretty decent kit for his first bike Rolleyes

Have ridden a lot of dh on my friends bikes, but the legend would be cheaper for me than a beginner bike so why use more monney on a worse bike? And yeah made this spec list on 10 min just searching on crc and didnt find other boxxer stems than straitline and da bomb :S

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
kurbitur wrote:

Have ridden a lot of dh on my friends bikes, but the legend would be cheaper for me than a beginner bike so why use more monney on a worse bike? And yeah made this spec list on 10 min just searching on crc and didnt find other boxxer stems than straitline and da bomb :S

No matter how much you have ridden friends bikes, you need to be a pretty damn quick guy to justify getting one of those frames. Maybe in about 3-4 years when you are more comfortable and better at Dh get one, but when your starting out, don't...

bigquotesthe legend would be cheaper for me than a beginner bike so why use more monney on a worse bike

That makes no sense...

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
kurbitur wrote:

No matter how much you have ridden friends bikes, you need to be a pretty damn quick guy to justify getting one of those frames. Maybe in about 3-4 years when you are more comfortable and better at Dh get one, but when your starting out, don't...

bigquotesthe legend would be cheaper for me than a beginner bike so why use more monney on a worse bike

That makes no sense...

Specialized big hit? it's about 2500-3000 usd, my build will be around that price

That's the only reason i'm going for the legend i'm not that stupid :S

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
kurbitur wrote:

Specialized big hit? it's about 2500-3000 usd, my build will be around that price

That kinda build, and I know because I worked it out, is over 6000 Euro which is about 8500 USD...

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
kurbitur wrote:

That kinda build, and I know because I worked it out, is over 6000 Euro...

My friend is a banshee dealer in my country and will give the frame for a factory price wich is about 2-3x lower than in every other shop

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
kurbitur wrote:
My friend is a dealer in my country and will give it for a factory price wich is about 2-3x lower than in every other shop

I am now legally obliged to hate you.

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
kurbitur wrote:
My friend is a dealer in my country and will give it for a factory price wich is about 2-3x lower than in every other shop

I am now legally obliged to hate you.

Yeah i would never buy it out of shop beacus then i would be to expensive :S i was first looking at some beginner dh bikes but he told me that he could give me the frame on a good price Smile

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
kurbitur wrote:
Yeah i would never buy it out of shop beacus then i would be to expensive :S i was first looking at some beginner dh bikes but he told me that he could give me the frame on a good price Smile

Any chance of a free ticket to Iceland and an introduction to your friend?

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
kurbitur wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
kurbitur wrote:

My friend is a banshee dealer in my country and will give the frame for a factory price wich is about 2-3x lower than in every other shop

1: Dont disclose prices/ how much items are from distrubitors online.
2: Your incorrect about what the markup percentage is.
3: That build spec your planning for the legend is embarassing, if your going to build a nice DH bike then dont cheap out, and its that build spec is going to cost you more then what you think it is, If this is your first DH bike, buy complete.
4: The Legend is an amazing frame, and if your getting it for a deal then why would you consider the Evil and having to pay full price?

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
downhilljoker wrote:
kurbitur wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:

1: Dont disclose prices/ how much items are from distrubitors online.
2: Your incorrect about what the markup percentage is.
3: That build spec your planning for the legend is embarassing, if your going to build a nice DH bike then dont cheap out, and its that build spec is going to cost you more then what you think it is, If this is your first DH bike, buy complete.
4: The Legend is an amazing frame, and if your getting it for a deal then why would you consider the Evil and having to pay full price?

Yeah im building a better spec list now. And why buy a complete ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019032
Mobile Version of Website