Sram X-9 Issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Sram X-9 Issue
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
Hello,

I have a 2009 Specialized Demo7I and it recently stopped going into granny gear. I went to see if it was tension, cable tension was fine. I then went to fix the limit screw and found my problem. There is a plastic sleve that the lower limit bolt screws into, and on my bike it has popped out, so my screw is not hitting the arm right. Is there a way I can pop that plastic insert back in? Can I get a new plastic insert from Sram? Or am I out a derailer. I only have 5 rides on this bike and that will suck to be out a $70 derailer. Is this also a common problem?

Geoff

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 18:27 Quote
And this is why I don't like Sram derailleurs. The limiter screw insert is not user replaceable, instead you've got to send the derailleur into Sram to get it replaced. Otherwise, you could just tap some threads into the derailleur body yourself, by-passing the plastic inserts altogether, getting a stronger, better limiter screw setup.

I've had this happen to my X0, as well as seen many, many rear sram derailleurs (both new and used) have this exact problem at my shop.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 22:04 Quote
Well, franken derailer it is... time to get a tap.

Thanks.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
CheesyBurrito wrote:
And this is why I don't like Sram derailleurs. The limiter screw insert is not user replaceable, instead you've got to send the derailleur into Sram to get it replaced. Otherwise, you could just tap some threads into the derailleur body yourself, by-passing the plastic inserts altogether, getting a stronger, better limiter screw setup.

I've had this happen to my X0, as well as seen many, many rear sram derailleurs (both new and used) have this exact problem at my shop.
agreed. but they are amazing when there working. i love my xo

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014629
Mobile Version of Website