Post Your Trials Bikes

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Post Your Trials Bikes
Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 16:28 Quote
2013 Echo 26

i needed a back up bike for emergencies...and once in a while i miss riding stock bikes Geek

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
my BREATH mod was cracking and creaking....so i was finally able to build up my spare ozonys frame....i love it tested it last weekend out in trials heaven...yummmm

my main ride will be my newly built up mod....it's the many goodnesses....woohoo! Jailbreak

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
My new 2009 Echo lite mod I just built
My new build. It's a 2009 echo lite mod Smile I love it!

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 3:17 Quote
hi guys
i couldn't find a thread to post my question in and so i thought i would post it here
i want to get a trials bike as i can already hop around on the back wheel and front wheel and so want something to do the stuff on rather than a dj bike... so i don't want to spend too much money but want something that will last. i also dont know a thing about them. so any suggestions would be welcome?

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 3:33 Quote
I think you need to do some research on what you want. What wheel size? I rode 26" because it just felt natural though most would recommend 20" for a beginner. Gears or SS? Personal preference really. Disc, v or magura brakes? Again depends on a lot of things. I liked Magura as they were insane on stopping and didn't get caught up like a disc can but v brakes can be just as good if your on a tight budget. Brakeless is quite common in trials too but you want to be experienced before doing that.

My advice would be find a few in the buysell and demo a few if possible and just get something that you feel is right for you and what you want in the bike. If worst comes to worst and you don't like something about it. Sell that bit and replace it for a bit you do like.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 3:37 Quote
i rode a 20" with v brakes and that felt quite good

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 8:28 Quote
I think you should try out the inspired bikes, because it seems you have some DJ background and so the inspireds will feel the most comfortable to you (is my guess). But if you say a mod with vibrates felt good then 20" is also something to consider; not many people say mod 'feels good' when they hop aboard one.
If you buy an inspired you could probably do street moves easier than trying to learn them on a mod. The mod would help you with competition style (or 'pure') moves more then an Inspired.
That said, there are cheap Inspired and Mod bikes if you buy used. Inspired will usually cost more though. Definitely get used, because people will have replaced what was heavy or mediocre and then sell it for less than brand new.

As for bikes, I hope to get a better camera with some proper light, but heres my 24 with a few upgrades Salute

The 24 after a few upgrades

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 16:52 Quote
Used the roommate's camera and some natural light through the window... tup

Echo 24

Echo 24

Echo 24

also, spotted this awesome looking 24 in the photos section. Beer

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 13:34 Quote
Every time I see this thread update it makes me want to build a trials bike more and more.

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 9:04 Quote
durza11 wrote:
Every time I see this thread update it makes me want to build a trials bike more and more.

Do it!

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 16:21 Quote
I hope an imgur link is fine!

Broke my rear disc mount, so I went with a new GU!

http://imgur.com/a/tVz0Q

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022206
Mobile Version of Website