Best video editing software?

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Best video editing software?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 21:19 Quote
Anyone got a really good program they use. Does anyone know what shimano video lab uses?
I need something good!
Thanks

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 21:29 Quote
How much do you have to spend?

I believe Shimano use Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS4 for their videos, or possibly just AE. These programs are $900 each though.

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 2:32 Quote
yeh i alredi have both of those but i dont find them too easy to use. there good but hard , i like software like power producer

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
kilbixy wrote:
yeh i alredi have both of those but i dont find them too easy to use. there good but hard , i like software like power producer

Well unfortunately if you want to end up with a good final product like Shimano's stuff you need to put in the time to learn how to use the software. Once you start using both of those they get really easy to use.

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
yeah i was lookin on google for some good tutorials to buy for those programs but i cant really find many. Are there any you would reccomend.
Thanks

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 4:47 Quote
Have a look at http://www.videocopilot.net/, they have some great AE tutorials.

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
Also, try Sony Vegas Pro (don't bother with any lower versions). It forces you to get creative to get the effects you want (it doesn't always have a plug-in for what you want), but once you get past that you can pretty much do anything. I've been experimenting around with getting that moving line effect like in the Shimano Video Lab derailleur video, and it's coming along nicely. Although frame-by-frame editing can take a while... Wink

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
Also, try Sony Vegas Pro (don't bother with any lower versions). It forces you to get creative to get the effects you want (it doesn't always have a plug-in for what you want), but once you get past that you can pretty much do anything. I've been experimenting around with getting that moving line effect like in the Shimano Video Lab derailleur video, and it's coming along nicely. Although frame-by-frame editing can take a while... Wink
oh yeah thats mean. what sort of effects are you using for that cos thats the sort of thing i wnat to try.

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
kilbixy wrote:
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
oh yeah thats mean. what sort of effects are you using for that cos thats the sort of thing i wnat to try.

Well, you can either make a sequence shot of the follow you want to do and then draw the appropriate line over that in MS Publisher or something and then greenscreen the line into Vegas and superimpose it over your video track and then apply a bezier mask to each frame to block out the section of line ahead of the rider, or you can make a line in Vegas (using a titler program, but I'm sure there's a better way) and either keyframe the line's length, or just do the same thing with the bezier masking. If you find this confusing, don't worry. It took me like 3 late nights just to come up with a rough draft.

Posted: Jul 20, 2010 at 8:54 Quote
Video editing software is one of those things where you get what you pay for. So it just depends on your needs and budget.

Best Creative Editing Software
Basic Video Editing Software Guide
Professional Video Editing Software Guide

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012691
Mobile Version of Website