Official Southwest Riders Thread

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Official Southwest Riders Thread
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 11:10 Quote
timlake wrote:
Oh is the track too rough? Do you ride a hardtail? Isn't that what suspension is for?

If you want groomed tracks go to Whistler, or go up there yourself with a spade and get digging.

I think tracks get more fun when they are beat up.

That aimed at me? I ride a hardtail now, but that's because I don't do DH anymore. When I raced at Combe Syd I was on a 223. And yes, I do know what suspension is for, but the NPS track was in shit condition, end of.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 11:22 Quote
kippernipper wrote:
timlake wrote:
Oh is the track too rough? Do you ride a hardtail? Isn't that what suspension is for?

If you want groomed tracks go to Whistler, or go up there yourself with a spade and get digging.

That aimed at me? I ride a hardtail now, but that's because I don't do DH anymore. When I raced at Combe Syd I was on a 223. And yes, I do know what suspension is for, but the NPS track was in shit condition, end of.

more the other dude.

when you say shit condition what do you mean?

How can more than 30 tracks and probably the hardest track in the South West be boring?

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 13:52 Quote
timlake wrote:
kippernipper wrote:
timlake wrote:

more the other dude.

How can more than 30 tracks and probably the hardest track in the South West be boring?

When you ride there, every weekend it kinda starts to get boring.
But thats just me!

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 14:29 Quote
its not a bad spot to get bored with Smile

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 14:43 Quote
I heard UK bike park has just been machine dug now and so isn´t that great, although I am in a different continent at the moment so can´t comment first hand.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 14:48 Quote
timlake wrote:
more the other dude.

Just like the jumps weren't very nice/didn't have smooth-ish take offs, random rocks sticking out on the take offs of the field jumps, hub deep ruts (at the start of the day) on corners in the top section and tree stumps that were still about a foot high so it was easy to catch a pedal on.

Nothing that's a major problem, but you'd think they would sort out little things like that..

Anybody here ever race at Blandford a couple of years ago before it turned into UK Bike Park? Think thats the track i'm thinking of, the one with the super dodgy uplift track? Don't think they use it anymore because it was so sketchy in places haha

Mod
Posted: Aug 20, 2011 at 1:17 Quote
kippernipper wrote:
timlake wrote:
more the other dude.

Just like the jumps weren't very nice/didn't have smooth-ish take offs, random rocks sticking out on the take offs of the field jumps, hub deep ruts (at the start of the day) on corners in the top section and tree stumps that were still about a foot high so it was easy to catch a pedal on.

Nothing that's a major problem, but you'd think they would sort out little things like that..

See I kinda liked that about it, made you really have to choose your lines carefully...though I seemed to only take the lines that led to pain lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 at 3:16 Quote
almostwise wrote:
kippernipper wrote:
timlake wrote:
more the other dude.

See I kinda liked that about it, made you really have to choose your lines carefully...though I seemed to only take the lines that led to pain lol

I know the field was bad. That was the only bit though, and as Elbry said, it's being re-done. Deep ruts are fun as f*ck. Get in them and lean back and let the brakes go and it's the best feeling ever.

Posted: Aug 22, 2011 at 2:05 Quote
Im can't believe it's in the cards as. Bds round! Would be so so good!

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 11:43 Quote
xTheRoseRedx wrote:
timlake wrote:
kippernipper wrote:

more the other dude.

When you ride there, every weekend it kinda starts to get boring.
But thats just me!
when i raced at triscombe i didnt find the track was anything brilliant, just steep. and some of the corners were just ridiculously tight. oh and that road gap is a horrid thing to ride. in all the place did get qutie boring after two days.

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 12:25 Quote
All right everyone
can all the fellow south west riders please leave some positive comments on the link,
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.kingdombike.com/TheKingdom/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Will-Purser-Design1.jpg

it's the design I came up with for a new type of freeride/downhill frame, If I win I'll let you all have a go Wink
heres the link

http://www.kingdombike.com/TheKingdom/?p=767

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 at 16:36 Quote
Is that really such a good idea?

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 9:25 Quote
um i dont know, hopefully

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 10:52 Quote
If you could tune the back shock correctly it would work, but who knows how reliable it would be. I wouldn't want a £400 air shock bottoming out that easy.

Also looks like the back shock might have some issues with hitting the seat tube, and it would get covered in shit.

I think the whole linkage needs some work too.

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
ahh let the bike nerd people work it out Smile

anyway it worked in the lego models Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007748
Mobile Version of Website