Hamilton Urban dj park

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Hamilton Urban dj park
Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 8:28 Quote
crankster wrote:
ya im clerly ot 12 you mut screw off with your gay comments all imlooking for is names and citys ihave been reporting a other comments

LOL, alright so I'm a homosexual dog, sick..

Judging by your spelling and grammar in that post alone, Good luck is all i can say.

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
What you have to realize is that "online petitions" get noticed just as much as a fart in the wind... they really serve no purpose to anything or anyone. You need real hard factual support. Ways to get this? Voice in numbers.

If you want the city to even start considering building a park like this you need to provide them with essentially a business plan that shows what it would take to build, how long it would take, how much money it will bring to the community, and where the park would be in one year, five years and finally ten years. Evidence from other bike parks is required to make these points a valid argument so do your research!

If the city is really serious about this park they will have council meetings. Advertise the meeting and get everyone in the biking community to come out to voice your concerns and your needs. If you want to do a petition, don't sit behind the computer screen. Get out to skateparks, dirt jumps, streets, bike stores, etc and get signatures that way.

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
jondurham wrote:
What you have to realize is that "online petitions" get noticed just as much as a fart in the wind... they really serve no purpose to anything or anyone. You need real hard factual support. Ways to get this? Voice in numbers.

If you want the city to even start considering building a park like this you need to provide them with essentially a business plan that shows what it would take to build, how long it would take, how much money it will bring to the community, and where the park would be in one year, five years and finally ten years. Evidence from other bike parks is required to make these points a valid argument so do your research!

If the city is really serious about this park they will have council meetings. Advertise the meeting and get everyone in the biking community to come out to voice your concerns and your needs. If you want to do a petition, don't sit behind the computer screen. Get out to skateparks, dirt jumps, streets, bike stores, etc and get signatures that way.
and how do you suppose your going to gurentee that you will get a park

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
Because I have done it before and I am also attending university, learning how to manipulate words for the purposes of getting cities to build parks, legalize trails, etc. Go ahead and do what you're doing, I pride you in taking the initiative of trying to get something done. It may not be the correct way approaching it but it is awesome all the same. I wish you all the luck and hey, if it doesn't work out, I'll lend my expertise when I come home to Ancaster

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
Ryan Purnell
Kelowna B.C.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2010 at 8:52 Quote
Mitchell Mathews

Stoney Creek, ON

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 18:27 Quote
So do people still want a park? I have made a proposal and a presentation for city counsel containing a proposed location with a 3D layout, budget and materials. If anyone would like this to actually happen let me know and I'll let you in on what I have going on.

For those interested in participating in this please send an email to hamiltonbikepark@gmail.com

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 18:47 Quote
jondurham wrote:
So do people still want a park? I have made a proposal and a presentation for city counsel containing a proposed location with a 3D layout, budget and materials. If anyone would like this to actually happen let me know and I'll let you in on what I have going on.

i got in an argument with a cop at the skate park about not being allowed to ride...

im sooo down still.

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 19:52 Quote
bluemountainlover wrote:
jondurham wrote:

i got in an argument with a cop at the skate park about not being allowed to ride...

im sooo down still.
im in aswell, just let me know if i can do anything to help, inbox me

O+
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 6:21 Quote
jondurham wrote:

For those interested in participating in this please send an email to hamiltonbikepark@gmail.com

Yea man im in. when your gonna go down shout me a message, I wouldnt mind coming down with yea. Btw could you send me the presentation for me to view via email?

mathews.power@gmail.com

thanks!

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 9:19 Quote
Jake Herve
Hamilton Ontario

Posted: Jun 27, 2010 at 10:47 Quote
Matthew kelley
hamilton ontario

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 20:23 Quote
Dear Hamilton City council,

I'm going to start off this letter by introducing myself, my name is Tyler Wayne Millard, I am 16 years old and attend Saltfleet district high school (grade 11) in upper Stoney Creek, I am and avid cyclist (Bmx) and I currently live in a small farm based town called Binbrook. The main reason I am writing this letter to the city, is because I am proposing the idea of a skate park being built where I live. Binbrook is a steadily growing town, 15min towards out into the country from Stoney Creek. There are six surveys (roughly 1200+ homes), two general store, a CIBC bank, three restaurants, a movie rental store, an annual fair, a TD Canada trust(under construction), Shoppers drug mart (under construction) and many more stores being built. There are still plans for more surveys to be built, and Binbrook is becoming bigger and bigger everyday. I think it is ideal for a skate park to be built because there are roughly 30+ bikers here, 10+ skaters, and 10+ scooter riders, and there is not one biker friendly park around. I can name 3 somewhat local parks and there downsides. The closest being the newly built developed Rymal public Skate park (25minute drive) beside the Police station and the YMCA, this park is not biker friendly at all, if you ride here, you will get fined by the police, and not to mention the skaters that constantly yell death threats all you. The next closest park is Parkdale public skate park outside of Parkdale arena in downtown Hamilton (25minute drive). It is also not biker friendly, I have nearly been brought up on charges multiple times just for sitting there on my bike, and the skaters there are even more violent then the ones at Rymal skate park, I have nearly been stabbed twice being at this skate park, and have almost have my bike stolen aswell. Not to mention that this skate park is tiny compared to ratio of skaters to area of the park, the park is built for 10 people, and there is 20+ skaters there on an average day. The third closest park is Inflow skate park in Dundas, Ontario (45minute drive). This park is great, friendly for all, except that you have to pay to get inside ($15 admission). I don't think its fair that skaters get all these parks, but bikers do not, skateboarding is fading away, and biking is taking its place.

Now to talk about the proposed skate park. Material wise it should be made out of concrete, the mains reasons being...
- Its very durable, long life 30+ years
- Organic shapes, the skate park is smoother and flows better
- Surface and structure plans will be minimal
Myself, and my friends have volunteered to help work on the proposed skate park, and will help construct it.

I have proposed that a section of land near my house be used for the skate park, its an empty piece of land that was intended to be used as a recreational field for sports, but it is rarely used, maybe once a month. I figure that the land should be used for something more useful then more grass to cut.

It would be very helpful for you to message me back, and let me know what else I can do to support this proposal, let me know what you want, signatures, attending a meeting, etc. Just let me know, and I will do everything I can to help.

Thank you for your time,
Tyler Wayne Millard.

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 20:23 Quote
sent it too the city, i encourage you all to do so aswell

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 at 15:11 Quote
dude what are you talking about parkdale is completly biker friendly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018685
Mobile Version of Website