Fairfield, New Haven and other nearby county riders

PB Forum :: USA - East
Fairfield, New Haven and other nearby county riders
O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2012 at 12:40 Quote
DoctorMike wrote:
Hey guys, Fairfield county rider here. Spend most of my time up near Danbury and Ridgefield. Some solid stuff there, just not super steep, although you can find steeps if you want 'em...just no trails down them. So it goes...

For anyone in the area looking for something to do this weekend that's riding-oriented, the folks at FC Nemba and Ridgefield Bicycle Company are putting on a premiere of the the bike film Pedal-Driven at the Ridgefield Playhouse at 4PM. The film is about how people in the cycling community can work with land managers to get trails built. It's not all about advocacy, and there is some killer riding it, so at the very least it'll help get you through to Spring. All proceeds go to FC NEMBA to help build a tighter community of riders and better trails. There will be free food and wine tasting, and since there's no football on Sunday (at least no real football), there's no reason not to show!

Tix and directions can be found here or through FCNEMBA.ORG. $5 discount if you sign up early.

We talk about needing more places and varying trails to ride around here. This is a great chance to show you're interested in making Fairfield County a better place to be a rider. Come on out and show your support!

All the radical dudes are going yee Pirate

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 13:41 Quote
Anyone familiar with Nepaug? I hear that it has some pretty good freeride. My brother and I went there today in search of tower of power, which we eventually found, but I know there are plenty of other good trails out there. Anyone know how to get to flight simulator, penal envy, etc.?

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 20:01 Quote
ajt530 wrote:
Anyone familiar with Nepaug? I hear that it has some pretty good freeride. My brother and I went there today in search of tower of power, which we eventually found, but I know there are plenty of other good trails out there. Anyone know how to get to flight simulator, penal envy, etc.?
they are all still there and are basicaly hidden right off the main trail, there have been rumors going around of a new dirt jump line too

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 21:32 Quote
ajt530 wrote:

where abouts in guilford do you live... i ALSO live in guilford. and ride bikes

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 8:24 Quote
you dont ride bikes for real... you ride park and dirt jumps, if you want the real westwoods experience hit me up.

also when are you coming to uconn to ride?

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 12:18 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
ajt530 wrote:

where abouts in guilford do you live... i ALSO live in guilford. and ride bikes

Im actually living in NYC right now but I come back to Guilford for a couple of weekends here and there. We live off of rte. 77 right before the rte. 80 intersection. You might know my younger brother who I right with. He's a junior at GHS.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 12:18 Quote
hawskill wrote:
you dont ride bikes for real... you ride park and dirt jumps, if you want the real westwoods experience hit me up.

also when are you coming to uconn to ride?

thursday, whenevers good. when's good?

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 16:34 Quote
come before 2 I have a lab at 3:30, and want to shoot some photos with you guys.

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 17:21 Quote
hawskill wrote:
come before 2 I have a lab at 3:30, and want to shoot some photos with you guys.

where is this

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 17:35 Quote
i was planning on coming up at around that time zac. chris said he gets out at 4.

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 12:17 Quote
Hey guys, I finally just noticed this thread and didn't realize there were so many CT riders haha

I live down in Milford, I try to make it to Trumbull every weekend but I occasionally change it up with Huntington or a ride around Wilton Woods.

Oh and I'm Bruce, I was on a bit of a hiatus while building the new bike but I finished it up yesterday. Ill be in Trumbull probably Sunday for its dial-in ride

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 13:48 Quote
To the dh racers...anyone see the Progrt schedule....mountaincreek?

Posted: Feb 12, 2012 at 15:02 Quote
ajt530 wrote:
yep found all of them. i would love to show you. but i dont have a bike atm. just keep your eyes peeled as your riding down the fire roads. btw penile envy is right before you get to the top of the hill where the powerlines are. its on the right side of the fireroad. good luck!

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 11:10 Quote
mtbrider71 wrote:
To the dh racers...anyone see the Progrt schedule....mountaincreek?
One of the cooler things to happen in a few seasons...diablows death is a great thing.

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 at 11:14 Quote
I would still have been disapointed if it went under without anyone picking it up. Its a close place with a bunch of fun trails

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016582
Mobile Version of Website