Fox 2010 36 Float Help

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Fox 2010 36 Float Help
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
Hi guys,

I just got my 2010 Fox 36 Float RC2 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its lowered to 100mm from 160mm. My question is, its not smooth at all. Theres alot of stiction on the fork when i compress it up and down and i know Fox-es arnt suppose to perform tht way. Any suggestions ?

Thanks and Ride Safe!

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
Eztiger wrote:
Hi guys,

I just got my 2010 Fox 36 Float RC2 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its lowered to 100mm from 160mm. My question is, its not smooth at all. Theres alot of stiction on the fork when i compress it up and down and i know Fox-es arnt suppose to perform tht way. Any suggestions ?

Thanks and Ride Safe!

that is weird i have an 09 rc2 lowered to 80mm and it is like butter. Who did the lowering? is there enough oil or float fluid in it?

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 21:01 Quote
dchill wrote:
Eztiger wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks and Ride Safe!

that is weird i have an 09 rc2 lowered to 80mm and it is like butter. Who did the lowering? is there enough oil or float fluid in it?

My local bike shop did it for me. Haha, i wouldnt know if there is enough fluid in it. How do i tell ? Does the placement of the spacers make a difference ? If so, my 3 spacers are all placed together.

Posted: Sep 5, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
Eztiger wrote:
dchill wrote:
Eztiger wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks and Ride Safe!

My local bike shop did it for me. Haha, i wouldnt know if there is enough fluid in it. How do i tell ? Does the placement of the spacers make a difference ? If so, my 3 spacers are all placed together.

Something you can try is lube the fork seals and stanchions with Slick Honey and cycle the fork several times

the spacers should be together between the spring and the spring stop plate, lube the air piston with float fluid,slide the assembly back down into the stanchion without pushing the threads out of the bottom hole. Flip the fork upside down then that hole is where you add 25-30cc of 7wt oil, slide the threaded end out of the hole replace the crush washer with a new one and tighten the lower leg bolt.Flip the for right side up then add 5cc of float fluid in the top chamber, lube the threads with float fluid and replace the top cap. then add air.

there are detailed instructions on the Fox website in the Tech/manual section

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
is it to do with the new fit cartridge? cause 2010 is the only models with it so maybe it doesnt perform well at 100mm? idk thats just a sugestion because im planning on getting the same forks but im worried the fit cartridge wont perform right at 100mm...

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 5:16 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
is it to do with the new fit cartridge? cause 2010 is the only models with it so maybe it doesnt perform well at 100mm? idk thats just a sugestion because im planning on getting the same forks but im worried the fit cartridge wont perform right at 100mm...

haha .... thw funny thing is, theres actually nothing new with the 2010 fox as compared to the 2009 or 2008 models. They only put the word FIT on the fork. Thats all the difference ...

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 5:23 Quote
hahahahaha lol them sneaky fox bastards charging an extra 200 for there fork just cause it has a fit stiker and a bolded fit word on the website...nice to know though. So has the problem been fixed yet?

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 5:33 Quote
Surely it's because they aren't bedded in yet. The bushing and seals will still be tight and thus causing alot of stiction.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
Walrus666 wrote:
Surely it's because they aren't bedded in yet. The bushing and seals will still be tight and thus causing alot of stiction.

hahahaha ... i ve been riding it for almost 3weeks. still the old shit sticky.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 7:46 Quote
Eztiger wrote:
Walrus666 wrote:

hahahaha ... i ve been riding it for almost 3weeks. still the old shit sticky.

Some forks take like a month or longer. I know manitous used to have stupid long bedding in periods. You might also need to get your bushes resized. I would do what the other guys said though. Pull em apart and make sure to put oil in the lowers and a bit in the air chamber itself.

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
Eztiger wrote:
Nic688 wrote:

haha .... thw funny thing is, theres actually nothing new with the 2010 fox as compared to the 2009 or 2008 models. They only put the word FIT on the fork. Thats all the difference ...

While it is true that the 40 has always had a FIT cartridge there have been many changes in the valving and sealhead for 2010.

If you are worried about your fork take it in to a good shop and get a profesional oppinion.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
well i contacted fox so i know before i buy mine and they say that it will go to 80 fine but no lower.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 1:00 Quote
Nic688 wrote:
hahahahaha lol them sneaky fox bastards charging an extra 200 for there fork just cause it has a fit stiker and a bolded fit word on the website...nice to know though. So has the problem been fixed yet?

the fit cartridge has been in the 36 and 40 since 08.
they just added the fit cartridge to the 32 series for 2010

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 1:03 Quote
ah ok kool. i was origionaly gonna get the 32 and although it would handle what i do most lykly i still wanna get the 36 so i dont have that feeling of its gonna break when i land something. IDK having a stronger bike makes me more confident.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013546
Mobile Version of Website