Tell me what you think of my idea.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tell me what you think of my idea.
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 2:40 Quote
That's going to be a burly frame Hildebeast! Stripped of the engine, trannie, etc... I bet you are looking at no less than 70 lbs. Have you thought out how you'll get it to the top of the hills?

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 3:38 Quote
im confused?? is that a type of motorbike?

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 3:56 Quote
if you have to chop the body work and custom build the drivetrain with 2BB's and a connecting axle and all, where are you going to put the engine and how are you going to use that engine to drive the chain, unlees you build a seperate drivetrain? to make it light enough to pedal youre going to have to weaken the frame to the point where putting an engine on it will either break it of tip it over.

sometimes you should keep the ideas that come when hitting the bong to yourself.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 4:36 Quote
http://liveimages.editorial.carsales.com.au/bikepoint/general/editorial/ge4845109459450588820.jpg

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 4:48 Quote
Removing all that weight is going to require some tweaking of the suspension. Since the suspension system is designed around an approximate sprung and unsprung mass, pulling the existing drivetrain and heavy wheels in favour of much lighter options iss going to throw the whole thing off.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 5:21 Quote
Sounds like a great idea..
Post up some pics as you go along please !

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
if you have to chop the body work and custom build the drivetrain with 2BB's and a connecting axle and all, where are you going to put the engine and how are you going to use that engine to drive the chain, unlees you build a seperate drivetrain? to make it light enough to pedal youre going to have to weaken the frame to the point where putting an engine on it will either break it of tip it over.

sometimes you should keep the ideas that come when hitting the bong to yourself.
there gonna be no engine, and danny boy the guy before this comment, im gearing it to take less effort i got it all planed, and yea it should work, its for shits and giggles like i say, im going to eds scrap yard put 125 max into a chassi and 50 bucks in parts and metal, and should be good Razz

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
jackhud wrote:
http://liveimages.editorial.carsales.com.au/bikepoint/general/editorial/ge4845109459450588820.jpg
sorta but no engine hahaha, i know wheres the fun in that my hibilly friends say.... no engine no balls, but say bring on the challenge

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
dutchster wrote:
bad idea.

its gonna weigh a ton, be impossible to pedal, and be lame.

and expensive.

but thats just my opinionSmile
going to a scarp yard paying 100$ on a chassi free metal free parts, and it wont be to to bad..... ill give you guys heads up as it goes

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
not being mean but this is a waste of time and money you could otherwise spend on real dh'ing

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 22:48 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
not being mean but this is a waste of time and money you could otherwise spend on real dh'ing

totally.

just not a good project. i dont think 4wheel'd "bikes" are lame, just your way of doing it. you would be way better off to build from scratch or a kit. a friend of mine had something like this when we were younger, pretty fun.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i.bfads.net/a/393/i_1195453153_BFAdsTractorSupplyPage3-1195443965.JPG

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 23:52 Quote
atv knuckles alone weight 15 lbs a piece...definitely try to make your own from scratch...Do you know much about welding/machining/physics?

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
oakmtnman wrote:
atv knuckles alone weight 15 lbs a piece...definitely try to make your own from scratch...Do you know much about welding/machining/physics?
im actually, part welder, i own one i work with one every day and i do physics

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 21:01 Quote
sounds like you're the man for the job then! take a look at SAE Mini-baja cars...its a good idea to see how they lighten the suspension...also, polaris will be a good place to find parts. Sounds like there's plenty of fun to be had.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
xcrisx wrote:

i dont think that is really what he is planning to do tho.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011692
Mobile Version of Website