Old School Politics

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old School Politics
Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 11:07 Quote
Seriously, google it. There is a walk around at his garage and it is like 10 minutes of a dude naming off beautiful rare cars. Absolutely incredible and a damn shame that they will probably all be auctioned of far too cheap to vultures.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 11:12 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Anyone who hates on F&F is watching it for the wrong reasons. The plot is shit. The acting is mediocre. The girls are f*cking hot and the cars are loud. I don't read playboy for the articles, and I don't want F&F to be deeply moved. It's a popcorn flick series, and a bloody well done one at that.

I don't get it though, even if he was a C-lister, even if his career as an actor was dead, he was a good dude, you all knew his name, and now you know he's dead. Anyone that can't drop some respect to him with all those variables is a bit of a cock, in my mind at least.

And like Tre said, he was a car FANATIC. I can stand behind that. Rad.

I'm not hating on the dude, running scared is one of my favorite movies. Just saying my facebook looks like what happens when there's a high school suicide, where everyone comes out of the woodwork pretending to be the guys best friend in an attempt to garner their own attention. Just saying sure it's sad, but a lot of other people died yesterday as well, why don't they get any attention. Like I said the media is all over paul walker, yet almost no mention of the 8 people that died and the 13 critically injured in the heli crash.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 11:18 Quote
jonlake wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Anyone who hates on F&F is watching it for the wrong reasons. The plot is shit. The acting is mediocre. The girls are f*cking hot and the cars are loud. I don't read playboy for the articles, and I don't want F&F to be deeply moved. It's a popcorn flick series, and a bloody well done one at that.

I don't get it though, even if he was a C-lister, even if his career as an actor was dead, he was a good dude, you all knew his name, and now you know he's dead. Anyone that can't drop some respect to him with all those variables is a bit of a cock, in my mind at least.

I'm not hating on the dude, running scared is one of my favorite movies. Just saying my facebook looks like what happens when there's a high school suicide, where everyone comes out of the woodwork pretending to be the guys best friend in an attempt to garner their own attention. Just saying sure it's sad, but a lot of other people died yesterday as well, why don't they get any attention. Like I said the media is all over paul walker, yet almost no mention of the 8 people that died and the 13 critically injured in the heli crash.

Because I didn't know them while they were alive, and I have no idea of their death. Why would I be mourning someone I had no idea about? Sounds like a depressing life.

That's exactly what my point before was. Sure, there's going to be a lot of people caught up in the media hype of it, but we're sad about Paul and not the random a*shole cause we KNOW ABOUT PAUL, but didn't know about the random dude. I'd personally have killed myself by now if I was that much of a bleeding heart to feel down about every death, ya dig?

Now that I've heard about this heli crash, I feel bad about the 8 people dead, and 13 injured. I can't feel bad about it before I know about it. If I knew their names, and had read a press release about them, I'd likely do a little "RIP" for every name I read, exactly as I or anyone else would do for Paul.

I don't get why people are making an issue over people being said over a death. Let them mourn. Someone's dead. Sure, maybe some are overreacting, but I'm glad there's actually a reaction.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 11:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:
jonlake wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Because I didn't know them while they were alive, and I have no idea of their death. Why would I be mourning someone I had no idea about? Sounds like a depressing life.

That's exactly what my point before was. Sure, there's going to be a lot of people caught up in the media hype of it, but we're sad about Paul and not the random a*shole cause we KNOW ABOUT PAUL, but didn't know about the random dude. I'd personally have killed myself by now if I was that much of a bleeding heart to feel down about every death, ya dig?

Now that I've heard about this heli crash, I feel bad about the 8 people dead, and 13 injured. I can't feel bad about it before I know about it. If I knew their names, and had read a press release about them, I'd likely do a little "RIP" for every name I read, exactly as I or anyone else would do for Paul.

I don't get why people are making an issue over people being said over a death. Let them mourn. Someone's dead. Sure, maybe some are overreacting, but I'm glad there's actually a reaction.

that's what I was getting at. Once again no disregard for Paul, and I understand why, I just think there are way too many bleeding hearts who are pretending to be affected. Shitty none the less.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 12:07 Quote
Ahhh, took that more literally than I should have. Sorry.

Yeah I see your point. I hate when people bandwagon on for attention, but at the same time, it's good to see people react to his death. I was expecting a lot of hate because of his career, pleasantly surprised that people are making tasteless jokes, but are down about it on whole.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 13:37 Quote
A shitf*ckload of stuff seems to have crashed its way into the news in the past 48 hours. Some actor crashes and dies. A train bins it in NYC. And over here a police helicopter finds its way through the roof of a Glasgow pub, killing eight people.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 22:28 Quote
sherbet wrote:

You should give them a read though, especially the earlier ones, cause the articles are actually pretty good (especially in the 70's when they really focused on some political stuff, it wasn't just all about the smut).

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 2:41 Quote
I don't get why its so hard to grasp that people care more when someone who has actually been a part of their life dies over someone who they have never even heard of. Obviously people are going to care that Paul Walker is dead, he was an integral part of F&F, and there aren't many people around the world who haven't seen any of those films.

What sucks is when people think they can use someones death and the activity surrounding it to try to achieve some form of moral high ground and act like they are above everyone because they come out with statuses like 'Oh two people died in that crash you know'. Yeah, sure, two people died, but if theres a plane crash and my entire family dies, I care significantly more about my family, and of course its bad about everyone else, but its the personal connections that dictate your response to something.

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 5:00 Quote
I have a special not-giving-a-f*ck mode for people who die because they were driving recklessly/drunk on public roads. Ryan Dunn – yeah, no carebears given for that one. Paul Walker, on the other hand, wasn't driving.

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 6:02 Quote
dotca wrote:
sherbet wrote:

You should give them a read though, especially the earlier ones, cause the articles are actually pretty good (especially in the 70's when they really focused on some political stuff, it wasn't just all about the smut).

I don't read playboy at all, I like the men.

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 11:06 Quote
harriieee wrote:
I have a special not-giving-a-f*ck mode for people who die because they were driving recklessly/drunk on public roads. Ryan Dunn – yeah, no carebears given for that one. Paul Walker, on the other hand, wasn't driving.
Wasn't driving, and I've heard that the driver lost steering before crashing, meaning they died due to a parts failure.

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
Quik5ilver wrote:
harriieee wrote:
Wasn't driving, and I've heard that the driver lost steering before crashing, meaning they died due to a parts failure.
Bummer (for Porsche) if that's true.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 17:05 Quote
Why? Wonder how stock it was, lots of people mod the steering components of Porsches. Secondly one has to wonder if they had done some damage to it in their moment hooniganism. They are well known widow makers, tons of power and pure power to wheels no traction/stability control and they are unforgiving.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 18:21 Quote
Well this new bike shop reviewing thing is just going great, lots of informative serious reviews.

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 18:23 Quote
Yeah? Any decent examples?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028528
Mobile Version of Website