Old School Politics

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old School Politics
Posted: May 15, 2015 at 9:11 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I bought a road bike yesterday and I'm looking around for yoga classes. Man, what the f*ck happened.

We're all reaching that age, man.

Posted: May 15, 2015 at 14:20 Quote
Where were you Harry? I seem to remember new college?

Posted: May 17, 2015 at 17:18 Quote
Bought a Specialized AWOL on Friday. f*ck me, best bike I've ever ridden. Put a flat bar on it. It's crazy fun, rode 20 km of mountain this morning then 45k on the road after.

Bought tickets for a 5 month trip to NZ, as well.

Harry,

I know what you mean. Just so lost in their own shit while you're out experiencing shit. Actually doing stuff. Cut a few from the herd this year.

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 12:21 Quote
Anyone in here still active?

I'm torn between picking up a new set of golf clubs or a DH rig. There's a decision I never thought I'd be making..

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 11:23 Quote
I just scored a dandy little gig working data management on Cold Water Cowboys for the summer. They're putting me up in a nice place on the west coast of the island, paying me more than double my old 9-5 and also giving me a per diem. I may check out BC after the summer to finally see what's up. Been thinking between there and Halifax but with the recent tax credit cuts, BC is looking nicer and nicer. Things are good.

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 13:55 Quote
I've been living in Nova Scotia since April, here is my impression so far.
-Conservative hippies (they do exist)
-Snow
-Nothing ever happens (as someone who grew up in Ontario and spent time living in Vancouver this life is so slow)

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 15:40 Quote
Ive been traveling through Central and South America for 6 months and have 7 months left. Im expecting to be fluent in Spanish by the end of it. Once the travels end I'm likely moving to Panama City to work for my cousins logging company. Spent the last 2 months in Colombian and it was one of the most countries I have ever been to and the people are so unbelievably kind and amazing. Had been dating a girl in Bogota for the last few weeks but kind of ended it yesterday. If moving to Panama does not work out, I've got a connect to be an outdoors guide in the Rockies in BC/Alberta and then have November through April off to likely travel or live in a ski town. Very happy with life right now.

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 15:45 Quote
Some of you are really well off and studying abroad and shit. Damn. Congrats.

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 16:09 Quote
sorbet wrote:
Ive been traveling through Central and South America for 6 months and have 7 months left. Im expecting to be fluent in Spanish by the end of it. Once the travels end I'm likely moving to Panama City to work for my cousins logging company. Spent the last 2 months in Colombian and it was one of the most countries I have ever been to and the people are so unbelievably kind and amazing. Had been dating a girl in Bogota for the last few weeks but kind of ended it yesterday. If moving to Panama does not work out, I've got a connect to be an outdoors guide in the Rockies in BC/Alberta and then have November through April off to likely travel or live in a ski town. Very happy with life right now.

If you are ever hard up for a job down there there's a big mountain bike guiding company based out of Bolivia probably a little further south than it sounds like you want to be though. They're always looking for English speaking guides

Posted: Jun 3, 2015 at 10:58 Quote
samnation wrote:
sorbet wrote:

If you are ever hard up for a job down there there's a big mountain bike guiding company based out of Bolivia probably a little further south than it sounds like you want to be though. They're always looking for English speaking guides
I'm heading down that way in 2 or 3 months, that's something I may actually look into because I've been missing riding bikes a lot lately.

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
Finished my first school year of being a teacher today. It kind of ended in stages, but today was my last proper day of work. I'm shattered. Flying to Taiwan to see my GF in three days' time. Palestine to Taiwan - not the most common flight path, so it's taking me about 25 hours to make the trip, including some airport floor-sleeping time. Then it's home for about fifteen days, and then back to Palestine for another year.

Posted: Jun 4, 2015 at 9:18 Quote
Jesus, you're all over the place.

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
I went to New Orleans a few weeks ago with my girlfriend and the TSA loved me. She breezed right through (#whiteprivilege) but I got the full service in both San Jose and in New Orleans. Shit is so awkward. Especially when the entire security line is watching you get your junk get touched.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027952
Mobile Version of Website