Old School Politics

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old School Politics
Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 21:48 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
I went to New Orleans a few weeks ago with my girlfriend and the TSA loved me. She breezed right through (#whiteprivilege) but I got the full service in both San Jose and in New Orleans. Shit is so awkward. Especially when the entire security line is watching you get your junk get touched.
If you didn't look like bigfoot, you'd probably get through no problem.

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 20:08 Quote
I still can't believe this f*cking thread is going on, forum changed in 2007... thats 8 years that several of you have been involved in since the start. I wish we could have kept track of all the BAR's and the original 3 or 4 old school threads for a total post count.

I pop in about once a year, i think the only one i still have on Facebook is Dotca. What ever happened to Laurie? I had her on BBM back in the day when people owned blackberries. Never talked to her since.

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 4:37 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
I still can't believe this f*cking thread is going on, forum changed in 2007... thats 8 years that several of you have been involved in since the start. I wish we could have kept track of all the BAR's and the original 3 or 4 old school threads for a total post count.

I pop in about once a year, i think the only one i still have on Facebook is Dotca. What ever happened to Laurie? I had her on BBM back in the day when people owned blackberries. Never talked to her since.

I was thinking about that the other day - even with all of the threads on Pinkbike, even now - all of the OS/Bar threads must account for at least 10% of forum posts ever!

I just got directed to this - some good trolling times had here...

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=90445&pagenum=465

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 9:34 Quote
Good luck on the teaching. Hope you're enjoying that!

Posted: Dec 31, 2015 at 21:31 Quote
Still in the Middle East eh? How's that going?

I'm in New Zealand, bought a 27.5plus hardtail here to ride. Thing is awesome.

Country is chill. Happy New Year to you and all.

Mod
Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 14:45 Quote
happy new years to all. I just finished school besides my registration exam. Currently in the process of job interviews.

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
Happy New Years to you guys as well.

Mod
Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 2:35 Quote
I'm so adult now. Graduated school, wrote my exam (hopefully I passed, it's a $600 test that I dont want to retake). Got my first real job - should say career now. Hello money and real responsibilities. I picked up a casual position which means I can work when I want, how much I want, get all the overtime I want if I want it apparently. But more importantly - it means I can take off whatever I want in the summer to hit any and all of the biking events I want to. I made a life goal last summer to get back to racing at a competitive level for my 30th summer. I got 2 summers to catch up with everyone who continued racing while i took a break.

Edit. Also holy f*ck. Remember Deanne the admin? I rode with her at cworx last summer and I can still outpace her in the technical but I can just barely keep up on the likes of aline. While I've been sitting around and not racing and just riding by myself she cofounded a womens racing club and got f*cking fast.

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 15:43 Quote
Congrats Sam! All grown up and shit.

Posted: Jan 31, 2016 at 17:34 Quote
Thanks CR!

I got engaged on Friday so I'm offically entering the "grown-up" part of my life.

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 8:46 Quote
Same. Got engaged in September and have a baby due in July.

Wtf!?

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 9:07 Quote
Wow, I follow you on IG and FB and I somehow missed both those things. Congratulations x2 Tim. If you have a daughter you're naming her Laurie right?

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 16:47 Quote
If it's a boy luke24? I think that was it but that's going back a long way

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038659
Mobile Version of Website