Old School Politics

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old School Politics
Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 14:26 Quote
Yeah we really stress the importance of keeping wine glasses upright around here.

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 15:03 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Yeah we really stress the importance of keeping wine glasses upright around here.

Must be very prestigious.

Since sorta dropping out of orbit from the bike community, seeing the home page being revised with Sram 12spd cassettes? I remember last year (or was it 2014) when X11 came out, and everyone flipped shit. Hell, even 10spd. Now 12.

In other news, looking for another job since I have to relocate. I'm freshening up my resume and will be distributing it soon.

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 16:06 Quote
XX1 came out nearly 4 years ago.

I'm stoked on 12 speed. Bigger range than 2x10 and customers will stop bitching about needing that super low climbing gear.

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 16:12 Quote
crs-one wrote:

You drink wine?

Boujie f*cker.

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 12:22 Quote
I've been busy with life and applying for new jobs. Also getting married in 37 days.

[P=https://i.imgur.com/sV9BNXZ.jpgsize=m align=c][/P]

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 15:02 Quote
Holy crap, you're alive!

Thanks!

Posted: May 11, 2016 at 1:47 Quote
Nice one Bro!!!

I was supposed to be getting married this year too - ended up expecting a Baby boy instead.

Only feels like yesterday we were here chatting shit 24 hours a day...

Posted: May 11, 2016 at 20:30 Quote
I'm now a mechanical engineer...

and I'm back working in the bike shop. Maybe one day I'll find a career job!

Surprisingly bummed about Steve Smith passing away, I never met him in person but have had a few conversations with him and he set me up with a meeting with some engineers at Devinci. He was dating my cousin, so that side of my family was really close with him. Seemed like a genuinely awesome person, pretty bummed I never got to meet him.

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 2:14 Quote
It is super lame news.

I have zero connection to the guy and I don't tend to feel sad for the death of people I don't know. But I am also weirdly saddened by him passing.

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 7:36 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Holy crap, you're alive!

Thanks!

Ha! I felt nostalgic and decided to pop in.

I'm currently working for a wireless company doing project management. I work with engineers, execs, and even have met with a few billionaires.

Damn, enduro moto crash is a rough way to go out.

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 14:00 Quote
Have you met Sumnar Redstone?

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 18:45 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Have you met Sumnar Redstone?
Nope.

Masayoshi Son and Nikesh Aurora are my two heavy hitters.

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 15:19 Quote
Well, just moved my dull ass from Toronto to Kelowna. Workin' at a shop and might have a process 153 in the near future.

No internet here and just been finding I get out way more. So nice to just go for a walk or lawn chill.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019067
Mobile Version of Website