Old School Politics

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old School Politics
| Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2022 at 4:13 Quote
Quik5ilver wrote:
What up losers?
Old School Politics notifications in my Dashboard. That takes me back!

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 1:22 Quote
samnation wrote:
duck wrote:
I miss laurie1

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 1:25 Quote
Ironic timing on this.

I just got back into riding after a 12 year hiatus. Relocated from the lower mainland to the Kootenays back in 2018.

Got a 2022 YT Capra last month and am absolutely loving it. Funny that after accidentally getting out of riding in 2010 as life priorities changed I have rediscovered it. I’m also amazed by how quickly how riding came back, you really don’t forget how to ride a bike.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
I think this might be my only remaning "social media" account. I'm halfway to becoming an American citizen now... had residency since 2020, and it's one more year until I can apply for citizenship. I'm living in the DC area for one more year and literally cannot wait to move away from here. Visited Marqute, MI for the first time in June/July (wife's from middle of Michigan) and fell in love. Kinda hoping to move up there—be at least a bit ahead of the curve. Feel free to hit me up when we're all living together in the Great Lakes Megacity in twenty years' time after the entire western half of North America turns into one gigantic desert which is also on fire.

Fun story: I got robbed at gunpoint last month. Police caught the guys the same day which is pretty rare, they were f*ckig atrocious criminals. They didn't recover mygreen card though, and it costs $540 to replace it Smile It's crazy what your brain does when you're in fear for your life. I couldn't even remember the color of the guy's clothes but I could tell you every single detail on the pistol.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 1:41 Quote
Lol, what a world. Stoked to become a citizen of such a country. I tried to get as far away as I could from that waste land of a country.

Congrats though, I’m like 3 months away from being able to apply for NZ citizenship. I know the battle of being on a residency/citizen waiting game.

What brought you to the US in the end? Living in and around DC, political world of some sort?

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
Sounds you've gotten a fine taste of life in America so far.
Surprised yankee-land was your country of choice.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hilarious to check in with the larger group after so many years. I still maintain various levels of contact with a couple of you across various other websites (e.g., “celebrating” your professional success on LinkedIn; blabbing to you on Instagram).

I just got back into cycling in late 2019. I got a gravel bike and started riding it on mellow trails but mostly rode on road. Then I realized I needed a mountain bike again because gravel bikes are fun and all but mountain bikes are more fun. I somehow won a bike in a raffle (turns out real people win these things after all) but most recently got hit by a car and totaled my gravel bike. Woo. Also got married, had a kid, and did some fun work things mixed in there since my last post (5? 6?) years ago.

Crazy to step back into this world after so many years and see such such development and progress. I frequently feel like an old man when talking to people about how dropper posts didn’t exist, 2x9 was still common, and how we all made fun of 29ers (I guess this one still happens).

My wife often makes fun of me for mentioning my “internet friends.“ Thanks for all the laughs and fun years ago. Feel free to follow my dad life on Instagram or something. Idk.

Can we confirm the existence of Laurie yet? I’ll pitch in towards a fact finding mission to Calgary.

windowlicker wrote:

Can we confirm the existence of Laurie yet? I’ll pitch in towards a fact finding mission to Calgary.

I'm picturing a rag tag group of 30-40 somethings wandering around Calgary asking people if they know someone named Laurie.

How many kids are there in this combined group now? Congrats on dad life Pete.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019267
Mobile Version of Website