Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
OK so this is the moved thread, not set up any mods or bans I really dont think we need them, do we?
edit: apparently we do, allegedly should be working tomorrow, any of the named below can edit this post and change / ban/ etc anyone if your name isnt here and you want it to be just let one of the named know and you will get added...I added everyone I could think of

#MODS HighlandDoc, robbie7127, wanabe, davemud, marquis, robholio, cjf1972, whattheheel, obee1, nortwestdhdad, shondo, badbadleroybrown, it-is-what-it-is, hustler, christophish #MODS

#BANS ridayobike, titaniumtit #BANS

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
OK so this is the moved thread, not set up any mods or bans I really dont think we need them, do we?

Normally you don't, but this allows some control for the users that are most active in the thread.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
radek wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:
OK so this is the moved thread, not set up any mods or bans I really dont think we need them, do we?

Normally you don't, but this allows some control for the users that are most active in the thread.

Thats cool, I guess all the regulars can moderate the thread, and I assume we can change access etc at any time (going by what you posted as guidelines?)

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
radek wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:
OK so this is the moved thread, not set up any mods or bans I really dont think we need them, do we?

Normally you don't, but this allows some control for the users that are most active in the thread.

Thats cool, I guess all the regulars can moderate the thread, and I assume we can change access etc at any time (going by what you posted as guidelines?)

Yup. Basically the creator...in this case you, can edit the first post and add those little text tags at any time. I think the most common use will be to add a BANS list if there is some annoying user that is just disturbing the flow. The other useful thing is that you can add a MODS tag, which would list a list of other users that you want to allow to mod the forum with you. Basically those users will be able to edit the first post too, so they can add new mods, or add bans, or remove posts. All these things are not working quite yet, but that is the spec.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
I don't think all the features work right now.

EDIT: Too slow.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
How much longer is the other thread going to be around?

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
I can lock it if you want.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
can do

I will add all the regulars as mods on this one

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
Cool, we got our old title back too lol.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
The other one is locked already I guess. I just tried replying to a question and was denied. Also, is there any way to get this thread pinned to the top of the list?

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
HighlandDoc, see if you can edit the first thread? I added your name

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Cool, we got our old title back too lol.
Highland is definitely worth the trip. We are open Fri, Sat and Sun until Nov 14th. Tons of great riding in New England during the Fall. How could you not bring a bike?

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
radek wrote:
Yup. Basically the creator...in this case you, can edit the first post and add those little text tags at any time. I think the most common use will be to add a BANS list if there is some annoying user that is just disturbing the flow. The other useful thing is that you can add a MODS tag, which would list a list of other users that you want to allow to mod the forum with you. Basically those users will be able to edit the first post too, so they can add new mods, or add bans, or remove posts. All these things are not working quite yet, but that is the spec.
Very cool... great idea whomever came up with it.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:39 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
HighlandDoc, see if you can edit the first thread? I added your name

No luck

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007192
Mobile Version of Website