PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 2:05 Quote
pinkrobe wrote:
obee1 wrote:
gnarbar wrote:

samsquanch

pirates. i know its gonna be pirates.

Not as fierce as ninjas. That said, I'm not saving myself for ninjas, 'squatch, pirates or posterity.

I might save myself for the zombie apocalypse.
Get some zombie kill action done and then go out fighting.
I am legend.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 5:15 Quote
brianbear wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
Boiler explosion right? Yes we are all lucky to be here. Only some of us don't know exactly how lucky.

Yup, next day went and bought lottery tickets. Didn't win but cracked up the dude that sold me the tickets

Talk to my friends about how I have cheated death a few times, cougar attack, car wreck, avalanche. My 20's and early 30's were a bit hectic. Now that I am married and 3 kids, I have dialled it down a few notches but I still love speed on a bike or on skis and I have not changed my outlook on life, I embrace life.

How many times have written the words live love and laugh as a parting thought to friends?? too many to count cause we are all going to get it one way or another and as the years start pilling up, I am happy of where I am right now and will continue to seek further adventures and friends as this is is the richness in life.

my 2c

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 9:05 Quote
Well, a weekend ride in Kamloops was a good idea.
Mother nature can go F#$% herself with all this white S$#%!

Got me a nice spot picked out in Kuala Lumpur.
Maximums hover between 31 and 33 °C (88 and 91 °F) and have never exceeded 39.3 °C (102.7 °F), while minimums hover between 22 and 23.5 °C (72 and 74 °F) and have never fallen below 14.4 °C (57.9 °F)

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Riding-in-Malaysia-2012.html

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 11:08 Quote
Weather's freakin' awesome. Watchoo talknbout Willis. I like seasons. I dislike hot or even warm weather. I wish it was 15 celsius and sunny in summer and minus 10 and snowy in winter. Dont need plus or minus 30 or even 25. I want precisely 6 months of each.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 11:58 Quote
bad news .......... kamloops got at least 4 inches today...and its still snowing....sun peaks about half that so far. no riding in the loops this weekend fellas....unless you want to do it in the snow.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 12:00 Quote
GOOD!! Welcome to my world Fockers!! Enjoying all this nice weather while I am in the Antarctic down here. Actually today is pretty dece.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 12:17 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
bad news .......... kamloops got at least 4 inches today...and its still snowing....sun peaks about half that so far. no riding in the loops this weekend fellas....unless you want to do it in the snow.

looks like everywhere is washed out, wet or white...gayness

umma just drink and chill out and wait for future shreds

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 14:43 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
I live mostly for the mountain life these days. most other things drive me nuts and/or I am apathetic towards. other than life partner, kitten, and homely things of comfort and pleasure
+1000

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 18:47 Quote
FRESH POW!!!!! YEEEEHAAAA!!!

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 19:06 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Weather's freakin' awesome. Watchoo talknbout Willis. I like seasons. I dislike hot or even warm weather. I wish it was 15 celsius and sunny in summer and minus 10 and snowy in winter. Dont need plus or minus 30 or even 25. I want precisely 6 months of each.

Trying to think of a place that would fit your ideal temps, but anywhere that cool in the summer, would be super cold in the winter (up North). Of course, mountains mandatory. Whistler is probably about as close as your gonna get, so congrats on living in your paradise. tup

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 19:26 Quote
moar Josh Dueck, for the followers...now on mainstream telly

the movie about Josh (The Freedom Chair) also won a Cold Smoke award Pimp

All.I.Can also won an award for best feature tup

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 19:50 Quote
it-is-what-it-is wrote:
Trying to think of a place that would fit your ideal temps, but anywhere that cool in the summer, would be super cold in the winter (up North). Of course, mountains mandatory. Whistler is probably about as close as your gonna get, so congrats on living in your paradise. tup

I literally moved to the place I would most like to go on holidays. It took a long time and many tries at different jobs to finally find a way. Which was to start my own business in the city, become indispensable to certain customers, move business to Whistler.

I'm in. Like Flynn.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 21:04 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
FRESH POW!!!!! YEEEEHAAAA!!!

pics or it didn't happen. haha.

oh and speaking of which, when we were skiing in kanaskis country earlier this week, we drove the bus through a herd of at least 100 elk on the way to canmore, and another day when we were getting close to peter lougheed prov. park a lynx crossed the road in front of us. a lynx! a big one too. that was one cool looking animal. i got pics of the elk but no lynx shots.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 22:49 Quote
obee1 wrote:
get online to see its shondo,
and i'm back home in torondo.

Check online and see it's obee1
I'm still stuck in f*cking Edmonton

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 1:10 Quote
I'll get pics tomorrer. Nice to see you around here Shondo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016181
Mobile Version of Website