Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:39 Quote
HighlandDoc wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Cool, we got our old title back too lol.
Highland is definitely worth the trip. We are open Fri, Sat and Sun until Nov 14th. Tons of great riding in New England during the Fall. How could you not bring a bike?
Well, I think that settles it! I'm gonna have to look you up on the 10th or 11th for sure Salute

Mod
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
The moderating feature isn't working right now. It will be working tomorrow.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
oh I tried, RADEK....HELP

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
Hey welcome to the new thread fellow old guys. Camera
Or should I say the old thread, or the new old thread, or the old new thread, or the.....

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
HighlandDoc wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Cool, we got our old title back too lol.
Highland is definitely worth the trip. We are open Fri, Sat and Sun until Nov 14th. Tons of great riding in New England during the Fall. How could you not bring a bike?
Well, I think that settles it! I'm gonna have to look you up on the 10th or 11th for sure Salute

A 6 inch bike is all that you need for Highland. Fall weather is usually drier than the rest of the year. The cooler temps make it better for wearing armor. When the leaves start falling one of the lifties walks the trails with a backpack blower. There are a few places for shuttles in CT too, but you need a full on DH rig for those. I'm planning on being at Highland that weekend. We can link up and make some runs.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
photo

i got bored and though i would make a blue-green tiger-eye stem cap

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
If you get bored again you can make another...and post it in my direction lol

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
wanabe wrote:
photo

Very nice!

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 21:06 Quote
time to post if i want to stay with the cool kids:Cool :
Seriously though I have just ordered a Trek soho for commuting and because my wife has the purse string very thight, I had to sell bike parts and so far it's going good. I am suprised because it's September!!!
I am anxious to ride a belt drive and curious about the drum brakes. Does anybody else have any experience with drum brakes or belt drives?

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
HighlandDoc wrote:
A 6 inch bike is all that you need for Highland. Fall weather is usually drier than the rest of the year. The cooler temps make it better for wearing armor. When the leaves start falling one of the lifties walks the trails with a backpack blower. There are a few places for shuttles in CT too, but you need a full on DH rig for those. I'm planning on being at Highland that weekend. We can link up and make some runs.
Sounds good. In that case I think I'll bring my 7 Point; the 7" x 7" is my 'short travel' rig lol.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
been a busy day or two i see. reading through the pages of the last two days reinforced to me why i stick to the old riders only, but i must say that teenage kids- at least the ones i come into contact with at work- don't present the same attitude. the kids are alright. someone said that once.he had poofy hair, and his drummer kicked ass.

either way thanks for setting up this new format radek and robbie. good on ya. thanks for putting me on the list of mods- although i didn't know you could just decide to be a mod. but whaddeva. radek we need chainslayer by the way. i doubt hes listening anymore.

anyway shondo looks like me and you are racing for the operating table. but you should cheat the system and fly out to T dot with me and we can hobble around kensington market in our surgery apron thingys. which wouldn't stand out on baldwin st. anyway.

anyone ever listen to jerry lee lewis anymore? i been listening to him and carl perkins lately. roots of rockabilly. you know, i think jerry lee is the godfather of punk rock. someone said it was gery and the pacemakers because they wrote "i fought the law", but i think those guys were pussies in comparison. jerry was nuts.

who is the godfather of punk rock?
discuss discuss! stay on topic! haha.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:04 Quote
wanabe wrote:
photo

that is totally handsome......+1.
And I'm sad to see the old thread locked up in response to such silliness.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:05 Quote
Well Iggy Pop is refered to as "the Godfather of Punk" so thats an obvious start, being British I have to say Jonny Rotten / Sid Vicious have to be up there (have you guys heard Sid's version of "my way"? what a hoot) Lou Reed? maybe?

I am sticking with Iggy and the Stooges..."I got a Right" can / could be considered the first punk song (1969 if I am not mistaken)

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:06 Quote
shondo wrote:
snip

that is totally handsome......+1.
And I'm sad to see the old thread locked up in response to such silliness.[/Quote]

It didnt get locked, just moved here, and we are self governing...I vote for a flag lol

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:11 Quote
obee1 wrote:
anyway shondo looks like me and you are racing for the operating table.

who is the godfather of punk rock?
discuss discuss! stay on topic! haha.

I coulda had surgery sooner, but I opted to lose some weight first, making recovery/hab a little easier on the knee.

I think Jerry Lee is a little too early for that honor, though the lineage of bad boy rockers goes back there for sure.

As far as punk goes as a music genre....Ray Davies of the Kinks and/or Pete Townsend would have my vote.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013340
Mobile Version of Website