Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 16:53 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Rubberhead trails in Salmon Arm are also worth a hit as you drive through. just north of the metropolis of Canoe. a lot of fun and nothing too extreme

trail map is here, Toilet Bowl is the pick of the bunch

So Gnarbar on Rubberhead is there one section of the hill you'd recommend for hike&bike.
Also, is there any parking areas on the FSR like on my local hill?; (so one can park and do laps of a certain trail.)

I go through there a bit for work but never made it up there.

& congrats 'phish on your new addition. I'm anxious to see pictures, since I've been thinking about acquiring a hunting breed as a trail dog. My wife like's Marmaduke dogs (Great Danes) but I wonder how they'd do on a trail being that size. (Go ass over tip, I think.)

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 17:37 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
DAMMIT!! My dog doesn't fly... Got to work on that.

Normal dogs are sooooo 2011.....get a hover dogg. Thats what all the cool kids have.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:00 Quote
jONAH96 wrote:
So Gnarbar on Rubberhead is there one section of the hill you'd recommend for hike&bike.
Also, is there any parking areas on the FSR like on my local hill?; (so one can park and do laps of a certain trail.)

you could hike a bike to the top of Toilet Bowl, that would be my best suggestion. maybe 1800-2000' hike up an FSR, not TOO steep but still, an FSR.

as you hike up, look left on a right hand switchback. you'll see a wooden post with the trail drop in there. there's actually a connector trail (not on the map) that goes up above that like a nice fast warm up section. I liked. probably worth just going all the way to the top, about 2500' in total, and going from there. park at the bottom by the trail map sign thingummy

HTH

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:17 Quote
Is the Bulldog hotel at Silver Star any good?

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:19 Quote
pinkrobe wrote:

yeah, bros are cool

heard better things about the Lamplighter or Firelighter or Firestarter hotel or whatever it's called. peeps seem happy with that place

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:22 Quote
pinkrobe wrote:

we've only ever stayed at the swanky condos up there - very nice (especially the hot tub on the deck) but they're a bit pricey. Don't think that I know anyone who's stayed at the bulldog but I think that the hostel is ok.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:30 Quote
pinkrobe wrote:
I like it ! Cheap too . 390 for five nights double queen beds then you get a deal of 10% on lift pass. Go out the door jump on your bike and right to blast off . Very convient.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:36 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
jONAH96 wrote:

you could hike a bike to the top of Toilet Bowl, that would be my best suggestion. maybe 1800-2000' hike up an FSR, not TOO steep but still, an FSR.

as you hike up, look left on a right hand switchback. you'll see a wooden post with the trail drop in there. there's actually a connector trail (not on the map) that goes up above that like a nice fast warm up section. I liked. probably worth just going all the way to the top, about 2500' in total, and going from there. park at the bottom by the trail map sign thingummy

HTH

Arsesome!

HTH - huh?

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:37 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
pinkrobe wrote:
I like it ! Cheap too . 390 for five nights double queen beds then you get a deal of 10% on lift pass. Go out the door jump on your bike and right to blast off . Very convient.

and you can jump ballz naked into the very public hot tub at midnight !!!

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 19:37 Quote
Oh maybe it's kind of ghetto but when I'm just there for bussiness it works in a snap. Clean every time I've stayed there! Or clean to me lol a real key not a plastic card ! How fancy.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 23:00 Quote
On the topic of dogs. My female 55lb yellow lab vs 105lb rottie.

Loading up my Kona Ute tomorrow to ride to the Airport, then flying to the 2013 Kona dealer launch. Can't wait to bag on demo bikes for two days. Then get to ride my Ute home again. Should be a good week.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 23:03 Quote
knighhit wrote:

Loading up my Kona Ute tomorrow to ride to the Airport, then flying to the 2013 Kona dealer launch. Can't wait to bag on demo bikes for two days. Then get to ride my Ute home again. Should be a good week.

I love that photo, the look on Emma's face is pretty classic.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 9:11 Quote
pinkrobe wrote:

PM sent, stayed at the FireLight Lodge for our 15th wedding anniversary for 3 nights and was very reasonable, plus upgraded our room at no charge and was not requested. Very nice!

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 9:49 Quote
My year and a half old Jack Russell Roxy chillin on a hot day.
My dog doing what she does best on a hot day...the heat keeps her from running around like an escaped mental patient!

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 10:19 Quote
Kootenaycycle wrote:
knighhit wrote:

I love that photo, the look on Emma's face is pretty classic.

Is that John Tetmeyer? I haveen't seen him in years!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018507
Mobile Version of Website