Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:13 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
Well Iggy Pop is refered to as "the Godfather of Punk" so thats an obvious start, being British I have to say Jonny Rotten / Sid Vicious have to be up there (have you guys heard Sid's version of "my way"? what a hoot) Lou Reed? maybe?

I am sticking with Iggy and the Stooges..."I got a Right" can / could be considered the first punk song (1969 if I am not mistaken)

the Sex Pistols were Punk in it's infancy.....I'd think "Godfather" implies an earlier progenitor.
Iggy is a good bet. The Ramones were punk before anybody had coined the term.........

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
shondo wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:
Well Iggy Pop is refered to as "the Godfather of Punk" so thats an obvious start, being British I have to say Jonny Rotten / Sid Vicious have to be up there (have you guys heard Sid's version of "my way"? what a hoot) Lou Reed? maybe?

I am sticking with Iggy and the Stooges..."I got a Right" can / could be considered the first punk song (1969 if I am not mistaken)

the Sex Pistols were Punk in it's infancy.....I'd think "Godfather" implies an earlier progenitor.
Iggy is a good bet. The Ramones were punk before anybody had coined the term.........
And a gabba gabba hey to you.

Anyone up for some new bike shots? Big Grin

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
kicksnlicks wrote:
shondo wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:

And a gabba gabba hey to you.

Anyone up for some new bike shots? Big Grin

Only if they're cool as penguins.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
You tell me!
photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:41 Quote
It looks very pretty indeed....but where's the top half of it??Big Grin

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:52 Quote
Very pretty...someone stole the top half of mine too..at least you have a seat lol

photo

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:55 Quote
shondo wrote:

lol lol lol

anyone else feel that they've been sucked sideways into a new dimension following this thread down the rabbit hole?

some one asked if I've tried kangaroo steak. indeed i have. its hard to BBQ as if you get it wrong its like rubber, if done right its not bad at all.
we have kangabangers (sausages) they have a very low fat content but a very strong earthy-meaty taste, so hard to have without covering them with something. great for a protien rich omlette
and we have kangaroo mince... but i've not tried that.

anyone else eat they national emblem?

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:57 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
shondo wrote:

lol lol lol

anyone else feel that they've been sucked sideways into a new dimension following this thread down the rabbit hole?

some one asked if I've tried kangaroo steak. indeed i have. its hard to BBQ as if you get it wrong its like rubber, if done right its not bad at all.
we have kangabangers (sausages) they have a very low fat content but a very strong earthy-meaty taste, so hard to have without covering them with something. great for a protien rich omlette
and we have kangaroo mince... but i've not tried that.

anyone else eat they national emblem?

Well ours is the Beaver..........nudge nudge wink wink.......

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
Very pretty...someone stole the top half of mine too..at least you have a seat lol

photo

what cranks?

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:

yes, me. I was in the middle of that fiasco this afternoon. I even had a post deleted! I'm not sure why I took it all so personally, but I did. Maybe it is time to step away from the keyboard for a while....

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 23:12 Quote
wanabe wrote:
robbie7127 wrote:

photo

what cranks?

They are CZAR cnc isis cranks $200 which isnt bad

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 3:18 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:

photo

Nice rides guys! I saw trials in person for the first time at the bike show last spring and it blew me away and also brought me back to when I was kid watching the European motorcycle trials... incredible skills all around.

Rabbit hole indeed, I logged on yesterday during the storm...whoa... I thought I was on the wrong thread...I didn't get it.

Iggy has history. I heard that Johnny Rotten is putting PIL together again and I wish Joe Strummer was still around.

Where am I?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 6:56 Quote
hi everyone found my way over here sad to see the "old" thread gone i thought we would have gone for 1000 pages of pretty much jabber about what ever ...well here we are 3 pages in and lots of room and time on our hands as biking will soon come to it's winter hiatus , which will in turn bring more to the geezer thread

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
dion5000 wrote:
hi everyone found my way over here sad to see the "old" thread gone i thought we would have gone for 1000 pages of pretty much jabber about what ever ...well here we are 3 pages in and lots of room and time on our hands as biking will soon come to it's winter hiatus , which will in turn bring more to the geezer thread
I can't wait for my winter rides
photo
throw These bad boys on again

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 8:59 Quote
I do not know what happened yesterday to cause this thread change BS, but I do not like it. I am out/// done with this site altogether.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030058
Mobile Version of Website