Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 20:19 Quote
samael wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Sam how much for the 36 in your neck of the woods? The best price I can find is just under $1200 for a 2017 Fox 36 FLOAT 27.5 FIT HSC/LSC.

Was $1400, but that will include shipping since I have to have the shop mail it out to me once they get it in. No PST in Alberta either, which is nice. I realize it's a little more expensive than I could have gotten, but I trust this shop and they'll be good if I have problems. I always try to buy big ticket stuff from local shops I trust, even if I pay a bit more.

100%.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 20:45 Quote
samael wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Sam how much for the 36 in your neck of the woods? The best price I can find is just under $1200 for a 2017 Fox 36 FLOAT 27.5 FIT HSC/LSC.

Was $1400, but that will include shipping since I have to have the shop mail it out to me once they get it in. No PST in Alberta either, which is nice. I realize it's a little more expensive than I could have gotten, but I trust this shop and they'll be good if I have problems. I always try to buy big ticket stuff from local shops I trust, even if I pay a bit more.
I went for a look and no one has anything in stock locally. Also no one was really interested in ordering one, which was strange. I got the same bs from a couple shops that they were sold out. I find it a little hit and miss here but mostly miss. The guys I'm dealing with are a real shop, not online and it's not a take off or anything. Just in a different city. And I'm heading there next weekend so no shipping. Might have to pull the trigger.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 20:57 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
samael wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

I went for a look and no one has anything in stock locally. Also no one was really interested in ordering one, which was strange. I got the same bs from a couple shops that they were sold out. I find it a little hit and miss here but mostly miss. The guys I'm dealing with are a real shop, not online and it's not a take off or anything. Just in a different city. And I'm heading there next weekend so no shipping. Might have to pull the trigger.

I don't know man, that's odd. The shop in Edmonton said there was still 28 in stock for the 160mm HSC/LSC 100mm spacing at the distributor (OGC, I assume), don't know about the Fit4 CTD model. But not boost. Boost spacing was all sold out for any model she said. When I spoke to them, I was very clear that I wasn't interested in getting in to a backorder situation.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 21:44 Quote
samael wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
samael wrote:

I don't know man, that's odd. The shop in Edmonton said there was still 28 in stock for the 160mm HSC/LSC 100mm spacing at the distributor (OGC, I assume), don't know about the Fit4 CTD model. But not boost. Boost spacing was all sold out for any model she said. When I spoke to them, I was very clear that I wasn't interested in getting in to a backorder situation.
Well, maybe I should go back and be clear that I don't want boost spacing. We'll see. I bought my last fork from the guys I'm dealing with now and have had zero issues. I'm down there enough anyways and I'll probably keep my old fork as a backup.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 23:14 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Sounds like a d bag. A lot of the new suspension stuff is built like ass these days. No oil in the lowers, no grease around the seals. Needs some love. Love it!!
Truth... always take apart your shit for a "service" as soon as you get it. I was pleasantly surprised that the Nomad was all in order but I'd say probably 70% of forks i've bought have been nearly dry out of the box.

Also... the guys running demos often know jack shit apart from setting sag and screwing on pedals.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 0:51 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Sounds like a d bag. A lot of the new suspension stuff is built like ass these days. No oil in the lowers, no grease around the seals. Needs some love. Love it!!
Truth... always take apart your shit for a "service" as soon as you get it. I was pleasantly surprised that the Nomad was all in order but I'd say probably 70% of forks i've bought have been nearly dry out of the box.

Also... the guys running demos often know jack shit apart from setting sag and screwing on pedals.

Dry & tight from out the box is my experience, mostly Fox being both, early Marzocchi were ok

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 1:32 Quote
No one wants a box that's both dry and tight. thats for sure.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 2:04 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
No one wants a box that's both dry and tight. thats for sure.

Especially if it's a fox..

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
TKD testing today, got I hate doing shit in front of people.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
Sag it too 25% with no riding gear on and run that spring rate.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:35 Quote
samael wrote:
I had to public speak last night at our Trail association agm. Lol didn't write anything and ummed and duhhhhed my way through it.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:43 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
samael wrote:
I had to public speak last night at our Trail association agm. Lol didn't write anything and ummed and duhhhhed my way through it.

Im sure it wasnt as bad as you think. You know your stuff so even with the Duh's and pauses Im positive you got what you needed to say out.

I used to have an issue with public speaking and then started facilitating for the company I was at. I kind of liked the rush and once you get into the groove its not so bad.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
Samuel, Thanks for not answering my question! Guess I really want to know what LBS would probably bring me closest to the 25% sag.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:52 Quote
Depends how fat you are. Do a google search for spring calculator or talk to your lbs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046152
Mobile Version of Website