Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 16:51 Quote
[Quote="t3rry"]
samael wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:

I think we'll end up looking at September and pull the kids out of school for a few days. It's not bad that early in the year. We do have a camper, but it's too expensive to pull that distance. Typically, for the last 4 years, we've stayed in the log cabins at the Rundle Mountain Lodge, but since the management changed, and they started upgrading, so have the prices been rising.

Why not golden? It's my go to for cheap but amazing short trips. Stay at the beautiful hostel down by the river in one of their private rooms or at one of them many hotels. I stay at the hostel on the river and most of the time when I head out I'm the only person or one of a couple at the place.

Couple mountains to shuttle/lift, lots of trail riding, beautiful little lake halfway up the road to kh for swimming and paddling, and panoramas a short drive if you want to hit it up.

Cedar lake has the largest population of mosquitos in the world.....
So bad that I have heard of 2 different groups having to hang out in their tents all weekend when not riding.
Trails are good though.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:02 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Check out this quote from the BC supreme court judge in the case where a critically injured rider (a volley patroller) sued Whistler after ending up in a wheel chair:

” … The Release is comprehensive, clear, and blunt. I do not see how any adult with basic reading skills could reasonably believe he or she retained the right to sue Whistler if they were injured using the park, even if Whistler was negligent,” Sharma wrote.

She gave the dude some learnin'.

Alright!
Salute

Though, sometimes insurance sues even if you don't want to.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:08 Quote
Hey, you get out of here with your logic and reasoning.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:09 Quote
Caught my foot on a little hidden stump this afternoon and went OTB. Did a quick check and no damage to bike or body but couldn't find my iphone for a bit. It must have flew out of my pocket when I hit the ground. Again, no damage but it got me thinking, should I really have that sucker in my pocket? Do you guys leave yours in the truck? Bigger question, who here uses a garmin or something else. I like using strava to track my distance and my rides but I wouldn't mind having a hr monitor as well. Looking at this little sucker:

Oh and d-man, PG is friggin mosquito hell!!!!

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:13 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Caught my foot on a little hidden stump this afternoon and went OTB. Did a quick check and no damage to bike or body but couldn't find my iphone for a bit. It must have flew out of my pocket when I hit the ground. Again, no damage but it got me thinking, should I really have that sucker in my pocket? Do you guys leave yours in the truck? Bigger question, who here uses a garmin or something else. I like using strava to track my distance and my rides but I wouldn't mind having a hr monitor as well. Looking at this little sucker:

Keep the phone in an Enduro Sash, like the Raceface Rip Strip. Well protected.

I'd suggest a GPS with an altimeter, if you do any climbing at all and want accurate data. Otherwise, that one is fine.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:13 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Check out this quote from the BC supreme court judge in the case where a critically injured rider (a volley patroller) sued Whistler after ending up in a wheel chair:

” … The Release is comprehensive, clear, and blunt. I do not see how any adult with basic reading skills could reasonably believe he or she retained the right to sue Whistler if they were injured using the park, even if Whistler was negligent,” Sharma wrote.

She gave the dude some learnin'.

This is good news for all bike parks going forwards.
I can't believe the guy was a former patroller and claimed he did not know the risks, wtf did he patrol the lift line????
Anyone who takes their bike up a ski hill really should expect danger.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:22 Quote
I rock mine in my posket but I gave up wrecking a while ago. So much skillz.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:40 Quote
urinalmint wrote:

Luckily All my shorts have zipper pockets. I lost my glasses one crash, what a pita to try to find glasses in long grass while needing glasses to see.....

Mosquitos are nit bad here, not much for standing water and it's pretty hot.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 18:10 Quote
husstler wrote:
urinalmint wrote:

Keep the phone in an Enduro Sash, like the Raceface Rip Strip. Well protected.

I'd suggest a GPS with an altimeter, if you do any climbing at all and want accurate data. Otherwise, that one is fine.

maybe you could carry it in your clutch if your enduro sash is in the laundry.
How do you record your crossfit workouts?
I keed, I keed.

Manitoba is actually translated in Ojibway as "man eating mosquitoes".

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 18:29 Quote
Ok here goes.
I have a pair of almost mint size seven high top five tens. For free.

Although... I'd like some dig where you ride stickers hint hint. .....

You pay shipping. Must go to one of us for a grom or jiggle bunny.

Can post pics but they are mint. They were Tylers.

Not sure how it works but I don't have the coin to float the cost of shipping. Cod?

Figure it out and post. Want to it to be as cheep as possible to keep almost free.
And go.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 18:55 Quote
If either of my kids were even close I'd be all over it, but the 11 year old in in a man's 9 and the 9 uear old has been stuck in a 1 for a coon's age. It'll be years before he's near a 7 I think.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 20:20 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
obee1 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

FVCNW. (Filmed vertical could not watch)

we used to carry swords.

Amen to that. ^
Don't worry Obee, if it all goes Into The Badlands I'll draw the blade and go down swinging with ya.

You guys go in the bush and play with your swords....Like Indy, I got shit to do Razz

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 20:38 Quote
rad chicks cause song #5 is The Beer Hunter

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
Listening now Ster...

What was that...going to Whiss? Nice.
Watch your fatigue ...call it in the 80th percentiles ...the 90's is the Stranger Danger! zone

I rocked a plain black minimalist fanny pack late 80's early 90's for riding....haven't XC'ed since until just now. Will be seeking a minimally sized waist pack shortly myself.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037194
Mobile Version of Website