Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
loopie wrote:
samael wrote:

Except for last year when it rained every damn day up in SP. lol

ya...I'll have to plead Locals Advantage on that one....I get to pick and choose when to ride.
Last yr...I "chose" to only ride 2.5 days up there Razz Redface

LOL Ya, saw you briefly on the "1/2"...hobbling down after "choosing" to scorpion yourself. Wink Went in to the Ranch 3 days last year just to escape the rain. Kamloops was in some weird bubble and the rain seemed to miss it. I'd like to try Harper this year too as I've heard some good things from you guys, but see how it goes for time and weather. Talking to some of the people at SP, I guess with all the rain last year, the road was just miserable, so we didn't bother.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 14:04 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Buddy made this one out of a dollar store plastic place mat.

I made stanchion protectors for my kid a while back out of dollar store cutting boards. Looked slick. Now that he has better skills and crashes less, didn't bother with the new fork.

From the back

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
I remember your stanchion guards.
I have the same set of cutting mats ready for service if I need...haha

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 19:56 Quote
Wicked drop in D-Man...Nice!

Fellow Canadians will recall Hal and Joanne of ParticipAction/Body Break...
photo

...LOL

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 12:22 Quote
let the wild rumpus begin!

the next 8 weeks are gonna be fun
cuz now i'm done.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 13:43 Quote
Came across this in looking at mud guards. Neat idea, and easy to make, to keep mud out of a VPP, and would weigh next to nothing.

Came across this in looking at mud guards. Neat idea to keep mud out of the VPP and would weigh next to nothing.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 14:33 Quote
obee1 wrote:

cuz now i'm done.

Enjoy unemployment! I have a week left.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 15:20 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:

Yup...you have water taps to run, keeping a complete log book on said activity.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 16:35 Quote
samael wrote:
Came across this in looking at mud guards. Neat idea, and easy to make, to keep mud out of a VPP, and would weigh next to nothing.

Came across this in looking at mud guards. Neat idea to keep mud out of the VPP and would weigh next to nothing.

I made one of those from a spare Rally Armour mud flap I had kicking around when I had a Santa Cruz. Stopped accumulating rocks in the BB link after I made that. Took maybe 10 mins and weighed next to nothing.

The material was black plastic, like the Marsh Guard front fenders but thicker. Cut out the shape, scored some lines in for shape and drilled a few holes for small zip ties. Easy peasy.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 16:46 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:

cuz now i'm done.

i will try my best.

one my favourite songs from the dead. speaking of stoned, last night i saw that the gong show is back on the air, and boy its super campy, syrupy 70's silliness.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 17:16 Quote
I am still waiting for you to pm me your addy so I can send helmet to paint. I call no penises tho!!!

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 17:29 Quote
Gong show? Rad. I want to check the dead documentary i saw an add for. Not a huge fan but they are interesting and do have some fantastic stuff, and Garcia had his hands in a ton of other stuff I really dig.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 17:30 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I am still waiting for you to pm me your addy so I can send helmet to paint. I call no penises tho!!!

Vagi's it is then...only two choices... Your call..

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 18:46 Quote
loopie wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

Yup...you have water taps to run, keeping a complete log book on said activity.

Yeah lead in the pipes. Not a worry for me as there is no plumbing in my portable. Next year thou...back into the building! Moving on up!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.052323
Mobile Version of Website