Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 14:44 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
I've been ready to buy that bike for a while. Saw the seattube junction and gave up
Looks like they designed the bike and forgot about adding a seat and then just said, shit... i guess we can put it here and just slap some material from the top tube on over to hold it up.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 15:01 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
If this photo was taken with a lower seat, shorter stem, and fewer spacers under the bars, this bike would sell like hot cakes. https://lynskeyperformance.com/2017-ridgeline-fs-29-140-complete/

As titanium fs bike for under 10k is appealing but who decided on the parts spec? Should be fired!

At first I thought it was from Canadian tire until I checked the link.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 15:27 Quote
d-man wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
If this photo was taken with a lower seat, shorter stem, and fewer spacers under the bars, this bike would sell like hot cakes. https://lynskeyperformance.com/2017-ridgeline-fs-29-140-complete/

As titanium fs bike for under 10k is appealing but who decided on the parts spec? Should be fired!

At first I thought it was from Canadian tire until I checked the link.

Stem spacers seat bars fork, all disagreeable for sure.
But, with respects to the gods of metallurgy, the stays, the link and the shock attaching tab( sorry lever, bad with names for things) look really thin, and regardless of all the engineering rationalizations saying that this diameter or material thickness is fine or more then enough- if it looks thin or flimsy to me, that's all it takes to have me choose another bike.

It reminds of me the old Yamaha rz350. I loved that bike but hated the swing arm, and that cheap ass swing arm showed up lots of bikes back then.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 20:14 Quote

The best keyboards to ever rock?
f*ck is this song ever heavy driving. It's like rocks equivalent to a unimog in the mud.

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 23:11 Quote
obee1 wrote:

The best keyboards to ever rock?
f*ck is this song ever heavy driving. It's like rocks equivalent to a unimog in the mud.

Damn good that song. Definitely heavy driving. \m/

I'll play. I see (hear) your keyboard and raise you...

Stevie wonder type keyboard groove with Zeppelin drive... fu*king killer.

Melodic keyboard rock....

Van Halen's best song with keyboards is NOT Jump...

And just because this song sounds like summer cruisin with the top rolled down...

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 6:23 Quote
Moar kiddo bikes.....20" and 24"

Meekboyz
Meekboyz

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 8:13 Quote
Sweet collection shred. I've loved physical graffiti forever but never thought, " this is a Stevie wonder groove", and it totally is.

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 9:20 Quote
I agreed to bring a spring out to whistler to sell a guy off here. He had asked me to overnight express it but I asked if he happened to be going to whistler and he was. Did not look at account at all. Met this random stranger, some minor talk stating he's racing this weekend. I hadn't even bothered to ask his name, saying I didn't bother creeping him on pinkbike. Introduces himself as Mitch and we part ways. Double check account this morning and it was Mitch Chubey..

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 10:16 Quote
Bah!! You should have gave him a bro hug for me!! Dude is rad as they come!!

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 10:22 Quote
I didn't know who he was til I came back and creeped his profile hahaha. Didn't bother looking beforehand as it was cash in person deal.

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 10:31 Quote
Sweet kids bike!

An embarkment is on the horizon.... Some wicked shit will happen today... Sk8ordie

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
I stand corrected....

The Mega Beast is 26"

The Beast is 24"

The Mini Beast is 20"

Meekboyz

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
What is this 26 you speak of does it use those things called tubes to?

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 13:18 Quote
Possibly even a "front derailleur".

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.054195
Mobile Version of Website